Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Iso A Bit Of Advice Pls About The Rear Wheels

Probably been asked before but .....

Planning if its a dry weekend on painting the calipers on my Is200 but looking at the rear wheels there is a great rusty drum (not the brake equipment) on either wheen where the wheel attaches.

Is it advisable to paint this too or do I have to leave it be? Is there a way to have this part treated/painted professionally?

Just wondering as I will have the wheels off for at least a day or two so may as well get it done if I can at the same time

Many thanks guys and galls

Dunk

If your car is still in warranty - a lot of people have had the discs/drums changed because of the rusting. if not then as you have the wheel off then why not paint them? I would use a wire brush to remove all the loose rust and then apply a "rust killer" eg "kurust" "jennolite" etc etc and then use a good quality paint.

Fluff it isnt in warranty any longer (ran out about 2 months before I bought it I think)

So you think using the same hammerite smooth that I will be using on the calipers will be ok? Or should I use a different type of paint?

i did a members calipers last night in my workshop

all i did when the wheels were of was paint the drum and hubs front/rear with high temp black paint spray.....if a little goes on the contact part of the disc, it wont matter it will come off on the first application of the brakes, as this was a spray it was dry within a few seconds..so i could carry on painting the calipers.

which i had done within 2 hours

Catching on this calliper painting,doing mine 2morrow gloss black with white stickers(weather permitting) :D

also had the drums changed under warranty but where the disc meets the drum, a ring of rust appeared :( so im painting that as well,to keep the lines clean. :lol: i've been told recently that i'm mad as i take off my wheels fortnightly to clean the inside bit, i said this is normal bahaviour of lexi owners am i right or is it just me :whistling:

Pete :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links