Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning Lights Everywhere

moscowharrier

HELP!!!!

2000 Harrier, 2990cc, 1MZ

In a nutshell----

3 days ago I managed to right front wheel nosedive my Harrier into a bog, So problem getting out at the time as wheels were just spinning. Hit fwd/rev/fwd a couple of times no joy.

Decided as it was getting dark and we could not see what we were doing properly to leave the car until the next day, where by I would obtain the assistance of a tractor to pull me out,

During the night the temperature dropped to -15 degrees, so of course the watery mud half way up my right front tyre froze solid.

We tried to free as much ice as possible, before being ungracefully being dragged backwards out of the bog, the front right wheel still locked frozen.

Freed as much ice as possible beforing being able to move off under own power.

Since being dragged out, the following lamps are illuminated----

O/D flickers on and off when switched off.

Check Engine lamp comes on and stays on after 2 - 3 minutes of engine warm up

ABS light is constantly on

Speedometer not working.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated prior to taking to a dealer (Moscow is daylight robbery with servicing!!)

Thanks

Was it only the wheel that was in the mud? With all those lights, it sounds like maybe part of the gearbox was grounded as well. Dragging out of the ice may have broken/damaged wiring to ABS wheels sensor, O2 sensor on exhaust, speedo drive on gearbox (I assume there is a sendor/drive on the gearbox for the speedo?) and possibly an electrical connection to the overdrive on the gearbox.

i would have a look at the abs senosors on the front, but u can or should be able to get any garage to read the fault codes then that will help a lot.

Thanks Rob,

I've checked the sensors and the speedo cable linkage and everything seems OK so it looks like a trip to the garage for them to diagnostic the faults and see what the outcome.

Although I have read elsewhere that I can manually reset the faults to see whether they are just flash memoried or whether they are indeed faults, in which case the lights will illuminate almost immediatly.

Thanks

Was it only the wheel that was in the mud? With all those lights, it sounds like maybe part of the gearbox was grounded as well. Dragging out of the ice may have broken/damaged wiring to ABS wheels sensor, O2 sensor on exhaust, speedo drive on gearbox (I assume there is a sendor/drive on the gearbox for the speedo?) and possibly an electrical connection to the overdrive on the gearbox.

Thanks,

the gearbox was pretty much grounded and the ice build up around the wheels and under the car was quite extensive, but the logic of your comments is good, if the g/box was grounded (if it wasn't it was very, very close) then the sensors to this would and could have been damaged during the drag out.

Would the O2 sensor cause the engine warning light to come on????

The O/D light I can understand, along with the ABS.

Paul

Would the O2 sensor cause the engine warning light to come on????

The 02 sensor is part of the emmissions/cat stuff, it should bring on the check engine light if it is not working correctly or is disconnected.