Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bhp At The Flywheel

mAltezza

when i got it all done the guy made a rough calculation which is the same for every car that he does, he worked it out as 196bhp,

But when IRLRs200 took his on the rolling road he got 138.1 bhp at the wheels and 196.8 bhp at the fly, these readings can from the printout he was given, 58.7 bhp was lost through transmission

on the same day 'lee Iceman' got 153.5bhp at the wheels and 213.3 bhp at the flywheel, 59.8 bhp was lost through transmission,

so not sure how he worked mine out, doesnt seem very correct ,

the closest method of calculating the losses are:

FWD cars - add 10 to the wheel bhp and then divide the result by 0.9

RWD cars - add 10 to the wheel bhp and then divide the result by 0.88

but you can not generalise, as every car has different losses, even the exact same car/model can be different

the losses even change depending on what speed the car is running at, so they are pretty much guesswork, most dynos work it out by adding the coastdown losses, which is far from accurate

at 163.7hp by estimation you should see 197.3hp at the fly

there will also be differences between wheel measurements and hub measurements

I think the only way you are going to get the figures is to go and have another dyno which gives you both (even then it will depend how they work it out). Either that or take the method that gives you the highest figure and be happy :hehe:

Another thing to bare in mind when comparing dyno results is that every dyno will produce different answers as its very difficult to calibrate them. Even one done at the same place with a good time between each test could end up with a different/inaccurate result.

At the Tdi day we took it as 30% trannie losses and so times th figure from the wheel by 1.3 to get the fly.

Stav

We used 20% on the dyno day mate, with 30% my car would have 243.62 at the fly and Lee's even more than that!

see thats where i dont understand, :huh:

But when IRLRs200 took his on the rolling road he got 138.1 bhp at the wheels and 196.8 bhp at the fly, these readings can from the printout he was given, 58.7 bhp was lost through transmission

on the same day 'lee Iceman' got 153.5bhp at the wheels and 213.3 bhp at the flywheel, 59.8 bhp was lost through transmission,

so with mine 163.7bhp at wheels, 196.4bhp at fly?

Doesnt seem anywhere near to their figures

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links