Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need To Change The Bulb

ALI_1

Here you go :

CLICKY

Didn't have the exact pics, used ones from reversing camera install but should be enough.

I get the impression there could be two different styles - the one I've done here is a later model and you can't get to the lamp assembly without taking the cover back bar off. Maybe you could on earlier model, I'm not sure.

Either way, if you can get to the lamp assembly sooner then happy days. The pics will still help.

Usual disclaimer: When in doubt, don't. Information given in good faith. No responsibility if car turns purple. blah, blah, etc.

Hi one of my bulbs has gone out the ones above the number plate i have no idea how to get to them

would be very greatfull if someone could tell me how to change them

thanx in advance :)

I've just replaced mine today and it's not a quick job. It took me about 2.5 hours to do the first. After I'd put everything back I found that the other one had also stopped working (even though it had been fine when I started). It took another 20 minutes to do that one -- obviously quicker since I knew what I was doing, but still a long job for what should be a simple task.

The references I used were:

Basically, you need to:

- Pull enough studs from the boot liner so that it will fold down.

- Remove the cover from the boot lock mechanism by releasing the clips at the rear.

- Undo the four 10mm nuts holding the trim on the outside of the boot.

- Unclip the wires from the boot where they disappear up the conduit.

- Prise the trim off the boot (carefully because there are two clips in addition to the four bolts).

- Prise the lamp holder from the boot.

- Rotate the lamp socket to remove it from the holder.

- Pull the bulb from the socket.

- Repeat in reverse to put it all back together.

• 7 months later...

i've just used this topic to replace my two boring license plate bulbs with super bright Xenon led's...WHAT A MISSION just to change a couple of bulbs!!!

the furthest two bolts werent that bad...but the middle two bolts were a nightmare, especially since i had no extension to undo them..just used a normal 8mm spanner.

end result is nice though...alot brighter!

thanks again LOC members.

Hi,

Replacing the bulbs is not a tough job to do. Above license plate there are two plastic covers, undo the screws and gently pry off the lens cover. There is a rubber gasket that can be sticky. Twist out the bulbs and replace the old with the news and you test them by

turning on your lights. Make sure you buy some really good quality bulbs… try Lexuspartsdirect.

If one of them or none is not lighting you have to close the lights, remove key and then remove the new bulbs and place them again with 180 an degrees change. Once you done with the bulbs place the covers back and you're done. Good Luck…

Make sure you buy some really good quality bulbs…

Why is it important to have "really good quality bulbs" for your number plate lights ? :blink:

I would guess it's so they don't blow too quick as they're such a pain to replace! :winky: