Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Gone From A Dc5 To The Is200?

Kind of a long shot I know, there are a few on the DC5 site that have gone the other way round and also Truffs who changed from his DC5 to an IS200, but was wondering if there are any on here who don't post on the DC5 forum anymore.

Just kind of wanting your thoughts between the two cars, ie general ownership, reliability, running costs such as consumables (brakes etc), petrol, servicing, the drive between the cars and so on.

Cheers.

As in the other thread, I was under the impression that it's an import so insurance would come in to play.

Supercharged IS200 will probably set off a few bells in the insurance office too :whistling:

lol...Altezzas are not all there cracked upto be .........

id rather have a supercharged is200 than an altezza........and yes ive had one!, and driven several

is200 supercharged is, a recognised listing on the insurance books, its not classed as a Modification per se

i think performance wise you will be very dissapointed,

i think you would be very supprised, the altezza isnt that much quicker in the real world, you have to rev the bollocks of it to get it to go anywhere.

altezza owners thinking they own some super car.....there good, but there not so special :winky:

as i said above, find a nice supercharged is200.

Performance is diffrent.

DC5 is zooooooooom

is200 is slooww zooom

driving and seating positing is diffrent, the way the steering wheel feels is diffrent,

feedback from the road, handling... List goes on!

petrol.. depends how you drive it, but i think 20mpg is good figure!

i think performance wise you will be very dissapointed,

i think you would be very supprised, the altezza isnt that much quicker in the real world, you have to rev the bollocks of it to get it to go anywhere.

altezza owners thinking they own some super car.....there good, but there not so special :winky:

as i said above, find a nice supercharged is200.

He currently drives a DC5 so he's well used to revving the ******** of it.....

If you read the posts above again none of the "misguided Altezza owners " were pushing him to get one, it was suggested by an IS200 owner...

The IS200 has the comfy extras so with a supercharger it would be the best bet if that's what he's looking for....

OK, dumb question, but what's a DC5?

Integra, latest version.

dc2 is the earlier (and IMO better version)

edit: damn beaten too it

Also, apart from the name whats the difference between the Altezza and the IS, ive always assumed it was just Jap/Toyota version of the IS.

Depends which altezza you have the AS is basically the jap version of the IS.

The RS altezza has a 4 cylinder beans engine not 6 and is roughly the same speed as a s/c IS.

I think thats right but i'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if i'm wrong.

no..the altezza is a name for a car....like cortina or polo

the as is the 6 cylinder

the rs is the 4 cylinder

BEAMS means nothing, its a name that TOYOTA gave the engine , we get VVTI, the 6 cylinder engine in japan also has BEAMS on it, beams doesnt make it a super dooper engine

the 4 cylinder 3sge as fitted to the altezza is 210 hp, with a high torque curve, needs the bollocks reving off it to get it to move at any great pace.

the 6 cylinder 1g-fe is 153hp in euro spec, also needs the bollocks reving of it, but in real world, isnt actually that much slower due to gearing

the 6 cylinder with supercharger fitted is 220hp~ and has good torque from quite low down, is on par with the altezza with 3sge if not quicker although the is200 sc is approx 100kilo heavier, due to better sound proofing, underseal, and generally better materials used within the cabin...seats, headlining, sound proofed dash, twice thickness carpets, and twice the amount of underseal materials.

dont get me wrong, ive owned both cars......there both good, but .......

The RS altezza has a 4 cylinder beans engine not 6 and is roughly the same speed as a s/c IS.

I think thats right but i'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if i'm wrong.

/ :lol:

Is this a similar engine Rikos:lol:

einsteinhorninassmotorbpz6.jpg

/ :lol:

Is this a similar engine Rikos:lol:

einsteinhorninassmotorbpz6.jpg

how do you super charge this engine? Hold a lighter at the open end of the cone? :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links