Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Spotting On Tv

Anyone see that road rage programme on tv last night, called eh "road rage", it was the part about the school run...saw an is200 getting towed away *points at you and says "ITS YOU" in a lottery style voice* for probably parking on double yellow/zig zag line. On a side note..how can people drive 4x4s when they know the road is going to be narrow and won't be going more than 30mph at the school run?!?! crazy.

Anyone see that road rage programme on tv last night, called eh "road rage", it was the part about the school run...saw an is200 getting towed away *points at you and says "ITS YOU" in a lottery style voice* for probably parking on double yellow/zig zag line. On a side note..how can people drive 4x4s when they know the road is going to be narrow and won't be going more than 30mph at the school run?!?! crazy.

I drive a 4X4 (I don't do any school runs) but who are you to dictate to me what car I drive? Why am I crazy?

I don't tell you that you can't drive a Lexus because it is high fuel consumption and that you should drive a Micra.

If you don't like 4X4s then that is your opinion and I can live with it and respect it.But I don't think it entitles you to say I'm crazy because of my choice of car.

I drive a 4X4 (I don't do any school runs) but who are you to dictate to me what car I drive? Why am I crazy?

I don't tell you that you can't drive a Lexus because it is high fuel consumption and that you should drive a Micra.

If you don't like 4X4s then that is your opinion and I can live with it and respect it.But I don't think it entitles you to say I'm crazy because of my choice of car.

:offtopic:

Hear hear!

I too drive a 4x4 because I choose too. I paid for it, I pay my taxes I can drive what I like.

I don't think he was having a go at all 4x4 drivers. I read it as having a go at the ones that drive them on school runs etc. down narrow streets and then complain about congestion. Can't complain if you contribute to the cause especially if you have the choice to drive a smaller car that won't have a much of a problem navigating narrow streets.

One of the guy's in that programme was driving a blinged up Land Rover and was complaining about delivery trucks. The truck drivers don't have a choice about using trucks to deliver their goods most of the time but he had a choice in the car he picked.

I was on about the programme, ok maybe it was my English/Grammar, my apologies, but im not dissing the 4x4 drivers, im on about the programme. If you saw it then you would know what im on about. As tyrrp says..on that section of the programme you could see utter chaos and they said it happens everyday, people reversing into main road, parked at zig zag lines, lorries, white van man and the bloke in the 4x4 was complaning that theres no room and was getting angry, blowing the horn etc. So accept my apologies T7RY B and Damer and other 4x4 drivers if what i wrote was meaning otherwise.

Aye, saw that too but didn't want to say anything incase i put my foot in it again LOL, like you said maybe hes a LOC member (could be an admin!). A £40 (i think thats the figure) parking fine turned to £1500+, after 4 days...and charged for for assault. Can't believe they charged him £900 to take his car away and the cherry on top, 3% cos he paid using credit card. I know its his fault, but the amount they accumulated was out of this world and they charged him that a days impound, even when his car was taken after midnight!

DSC00223-1.jpg

DSC00224-1.jpg

DSC00225-1.jpg

Pay your parking tickets on time..... that is probably the cheapest option...

However.... what is charged once the bailiffs take over is nothing more than extortion... the council still only gets the £40 or whatever..

It should be illegal to charge that amount.. and there should be reasonable fixed amounts..

I was on about the programme, ok maybe it was my English/Grammar, my apologies, but im not dissing the 4x4 drivers, im on about the programme. If you saw it then you would know what im on about. As tyrrp says..on that section of the programme you could see utter chaos and they said it happens everyday, people reversing into main road, parked at zig zag lines, lorries, white van man and the bloke in the 4x4 was complaning that theres no room and was getting angry, blowing the horn etc. So accept my apologies T7RY B and Damer and other 4x4 drivers if what i wrote was meaning otherwise.

No problem I have taken it the wrong way then.

I just get pi$$ed when these"Do Gooders" go up to 4x4 drivers and start telling them about being "Greener" when some old lady driving an old banger who is causing 3 times the polution is waved on bye. It's my money if I want to buy a 4x4 or a transit van then it's my business.

I personally think a lot of the school runs can be avoided and are uncalled for but that is the "school run" in any car.

when he said he picked him up and threw him i expected a huge guy... then they guy turned up and I thought "nah thats cant be him"

wonder if he is a member? LOL

it was funny when that guy showed up,i was shocked too.

No apology needed, just a misunderstanding.

I saw that guy getting his car pounded last night too. Didn't say what he got for the assault though did it?

I used the programme as an example for my 9 year old about paying bills on time and facing upto responsibility.

No problem I have taken it the wrong way then.

I just get pi$$ed when these"Do Gooders" go up to 4x4 drivers and start telling them about being "Greener" when some old lady driving an old banger who is causing 3 times the polution is waved on bye. It's my money if I want to buy a 4x4 or a transit van then it's my business.

I personally think a lot of the school runs can be avoided and are uncalled for but that is the "school run" in any car.

And half of those "Do Gooders" are driving around in cars like the old 2CV thinking they are being eco friendly.