Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Euro Meet 2008 4th July - 6th July 2008

Dave-Ellen

hey mark whats up with the is250 wheels?

My old tyres still have a bit of thread left so I thought I shall burn them away at the Ring, the IS250 wheels should be back on soon when I get round to fit them again.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mark whats up with the is250 wheels?

My old tyres still have a bit of thread left so I thought I shall burn them away at the Ring, the IS250 wheels should be back on soon when I get round to fit them again.

good point....looked like a good trip :D

i spent sunday at F1 british grand prix, great d day bit damp but was watching from stowe corner where lewis took the lead...whoops a bit :offtopic: :D

Few words from me on the Euro meet weekend.

As ever it was really well organised and was nice to meet up with friends from last year as well as meet some new ones !

Our trip started off with a hiccup with Terry waiting at the services at Junction 11 while Mark, Kami & I were at the Maidstone services. We met up at dinner at the hotel !!

ontraindb6.jpg

Our trip down was uneventful with Brussels only offering a slight delay. Major delay was on the German autobahns which were being dug up so quite slow going in places.

Having arrived and unpacked I attended to the 3493 dead flies on the front of my car.

deadfliespi1.jpg

Went to dinner and had a excellent buffet meal………..There Terry was indentified and we had a quick chat………Terry has a lovely GS430 (new type) fitted with different alloys and in lovely black………

Over dinner was told that we’d be on driver training the next day. Terry,Mark,Kami & I were in second group of cars. Was to be a 60 mile trip on a mix of country roads and autobahn.

Training took place at the ADAC (German AA) centre near Koln and took the form of a briefing on how to sit in the car (not as daft as it sounds) and then skid pan training,attempts at drifting,braking test and driving at 40mph onto a wet surface being hit sideways and having to control the resulting tail slide……….well wicked

Pics of ADAC

training1kr1.jpg

Terry……….

terryskidpk7.jpg

Terry……..wrong way young maaaaaaaaaaan

terrywrongwaywt5.jpg

Best coloured IS200…….

aztecab8.jpg

Mark……….going wrong way !

mark1xf8.jpg

Me going wrong way………….

meoopstj5.jpg

meskidus6.jpg

We also did a autotest ….needless to say we didn’t win…………..

We then returned to the hotel, managing to loose terry again , where I was told that the head of Lexus Germany would like to see the IS350.

After showing him round the car and showing him the compressor I took him and the head salesman out for a quick spin. They were impressed with the power delivery (smoothness and ability to pull to 6500 rpm). We returned to the hotel for me,Mark & Terry to be taken out for a PROPER drive in the IS-F. Only one word Awesome. Was erring towards a GT35-R no longer……….my 350 is now for sale !. Interestingly max speed achieved was only 10 mph higher in the F to my car but the car felt so much more planted its untrue. The noise is something else………….

isfqf3.jpg

IS-F and IS350

isfis350vb0.jpg

Kami & IS-F

kamiisfzd0.jpg

After that we were invited to a discussion on new developments regarding Lexus in the next few years by the head of Lexus Germany.

Looks like exciting times ahead.

New entry level model (Focus size) imminent

All ranges to have hybrid options

Diesels ………….never again

Mouse type technology instead of touch screens possible for RX series

After that we adjourned for dinner where a waiter promptly spilled 2 glasses of beer over my back…………what a waste !

More pics from the weekend

weddingcarjl1.jpg

Next day we took of for Le Touquet in France for some beach time…………needless to say it was not good………high winds………….rain…………..

Sounds like a great time guys, sorry I couldn't make it :crybaby:

.... taken out for a PROPER drive in the IS-F. Only one word Awesome. Was erring towards a GT35-R no longer……….my 350 is now for sale !

isfqf3.jpg

praise indeed for the IS-F, but will you wait for the TOM's Version Dave ? :whistling:

Sounds like a great time guys, sorry I couldn't make it :crybaby:
.... taken out for a PROPER drive in the IS-F. Only one word Awesome. Was erring towards a GT35-R no longer……….my 350 is now for sale !

isfqf3.jpg

praise indeed for the IS-F, but will you wait for the TOM's Version Dave ? :whistling:

Its being worked on now..................(the TOM's IS-F) :whistling:

Thanks for "best coloured" Dave :)

I'll never forget the sporty way of your first attempt driving in circles on the wet track. :lol:

> Some pics I made that weekend <

For the mess with the beer they should have given you free drinks that evening Dave. :blink:

I'm looking forward to the 2009 event at the first weekend in july and hope to see you all again ... maybe more from UK-LOC?

Few words from me on the Euro meet weekend.

As ever it was really well organised and was nice to meet up with friends from last year as well as meet some new ones !

Our trip started off with a hiccup with Terry waiting at the services at Junction 11 while Mark, Kami & I were at the Maidstone services. We met up at dinner at the hotel !!

ontraindb6.jpg

Our trip down was uneventful with Brussels only offering a slight delay. Major delay was on the German autobahns which were being dug up so quite slow going in places.

Having arrived and unpacked I attended to the 3493 dead flies on the front of my car.

deadfliespi1.jpg

Went to dinner and had a excellent buffet meal………..There Terry was indentified and we had a quick chat………Terry has a lovely GS430 (new type) fitted with different alloys and in lovely black………

Over dinner was told that we'd be on driver training the next day. Terry,Mark,Kami & I were in second group of cars. Was to be a 60 mile trip on a mix of country roads and autobahn.

Training took place at the ADAC (German AA) centre near Koln and took the form of a briefing on how to sit in the car (not as daft as it sounds) and then skid pan training,attempts at drifting,braking test and driving at 40mph onto a wet surface being hit sideways and having to control the resulting tail slide……….well wicked

Pics of ADAC

training1kr1.jpg

Terry……….

terryskidpk7.jpg

Terry……..wrong way young maaaaaaaaaaan

terrywrongwaywt5.jpg

Best coloured IS200…….

aztecab8.jpg

Mark……….going wrong way !

mark1xf8.jpg

Me going wrong way………….

meoopstj5.jpg

meskidus6.jpg

We also did a autotest ….needless to say we didn't win…………..

We then returned to the hotel, managing to loose terry again , where I was told that the head of Lexus Germany would like to see the IS350.

After showing him round the car and showing him the compressor I took him and the head salesman out for a quick spin. They were impressed with the power delivery (smoothness and ability to pull to 6500 rpm). We returned to the hotel for me,Mark & Terry to be taken out for a PROPER drive in the IS-F. Only one word Awesome. Was erring towards a GT35-R no longer……….my 350 is now for sale !. Interestingly max speed achieved was only 10 mph higher in the F to my car but the car felt so much more planted its untrue. The noise is something else………….

isfqf3.jpg

IS-F and IS350

isfis350vb0.jpg

Kami & IS-F

kamiisfzd0.jpg

After that we were invited to a discussion on new developments regarding Lexus in the next few years by the head of Lexus Germany.

Looks like exciting times ahead.

New entry level model (Focus size) imminent

All ranges to have hybrid options

Diesels ………….never again

Mouse type technology instead of touch screens possible for RX series

After that we adjourned for dinner where a waiter promptly spilled 2 glasses of beer over my back…………what a waste !

More pics from the weekend

weddingcarjl1.jpg

Next day we took of for Le Touquet in France for some beach time…………needless to say it was not good………high winds………….rain…………..

Hi Dave,just wanted to say thanks again,great meeting,looking forward to next year :D cheers Terry B)

Thanks for "best coloured" Dave :)

I'll never forget the sporty way of your first attempt driving in circles on the wet track. :lol:

> Some pics I made that weekend <

For the mess with the beer they should have given you free drinks that evening Dave. :blink:

I'm looking forward to the 2009 event at the first weekend in july and hope to see you all again ... maybe more from UK-LOC?

Hi,A big thanks to German Lexus club owners,All u guys, :lol: THANKS,had a great time B)

@Dave your Inbox is full so i can't PM you

and as I'm not allowed to send you a message via E-Mail .... please let me know how to send you that information.

:)

Thoddy

@Dave your Inbox is full so i can't PM you

and as I'm not allowed to send you a message via E-Mail .... please let me know how to send you that information.

:)

Thoddy

Go to the prolex web site, and send message that way :D

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links