Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally The First Wim Centre

Tony-Bones

hows it coming along tony?

Slow :angry: All the equipment is ready to go in but until the builders finally get off the pot (sitting type not smoking type) then i cannot move in.

I still need two shutter doors installed and the first floor extended for extra storage space.... Oh and all the workshop electrics installed... Oh and the workshop heating installed.... Oh and the reception built... Other than that i'm ready to go?

Whats slowed thing down is each project goes out to tender, then we agree X company does the work only to learn their not available for three weeks.

Good news is the Geometry ramp was delivered by mistake and i now have a 15k ramp sitting there unpaid for :whistling: although i suspect someone will notice the mistake eventually.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hows it coming along tony?

Good news is the Geometry ramp was delivered by mistake and i now have a 15k ramp sitting there unpaid for :whistling: although i suspect someone will notice the mistake eventually.

Let them notice the mistake then. Little rule of my life is not to pay for anything you don't have to :lol:

will have my IS350 soon..............

Very soon i hope... The centre is costing me a fortune and the only customer is the postman with the bills :crybaby: .... Anyway it should be alive in a few weeks time fingers crossed.

Dont forget US postman bring you junk mail aswell Tony.!! :lol:

will have my IS350 soon..............

Very soon i hope... The centre is costing me a fortune and the only customer is the postman with the bills :crybaby: .... Anyway it should be alive in a few weeks time fingers crossed.

Dont forget US postman bring you junk mail aswell Tony.!! :lol:

You also deliver bank statements and credit card bills too!!! :lol:

Tony,

When do you anticipate being fully up and running? I'm still considering my lowering options and am not sure which route to take, However I will want my geometry tested and also am considering your chassis programme?! What exactly would be involved in this? I live in Herts though and usually go through hemel once/twice a month.

ps: Have joined WIM forums also but not posted yet.

Tony,

When do you anticipate being fully up and running? I'm still considering my lowering options and am not sure which route to take, However I will want my geometry tested and also am considering your chassis programme?! What exactly would be involved in this? I live in Herts though and usually go through hemel once/twice a month.

We need to be open yesterday but in reality i think mid/late March. Our field comes in many formats depending on the needs.. If for example your car is lowered then we need to evolve new chassis positions to compliment that, most times lowering is purely cosmetic so the normal request is tyre preservation.

We can advance the chassis to fast road or track but not without consequence..... Extreme example is Monster mats Drifty, his tyres go from new to the wire in 15min :o

the Geometry ramp was delivered by mistake and i now have a 15k ramp sitting there unpaid for :whistling: although i suspect someone will notice the mistake eventually.

I'm not gonna tell :lol:

What ramp :o

Geometry ramp..... It's a super level scissor operation with a floating bed the car drives on to.

Tony,

We need to be open yesterday but in reality i think mid/late March. Our field comes in many formats depending on the needs.. If for example your car is lowered then we need to evolve new chassis positions to compliment that, most times lowering is purely cosmetic so the normal request is tyre preservation.

We can advance the chassis to fast road or track but not without consequence..... Extreme example is Monster mats Drifty, his tyres go from new to the wire in 15min :o

If I didn't lower the car would you still need another standard car (with 18inch wheels) for chassis checks etc? Is this done as part of the geometry checks or is that something different? As you can tell I've never done anything like this before but am looking forward to the education!

Have you got any pictures of the progress for us Tony :) ?

Only here> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...t=0&start=0 you need to register to see the images.....

I would love to post the progress here but the file size is to small?..... all that linking images from exterior sources is way over my head so i have to apologize to Steve in advance.

Tony,

If I didn't lower the car would you still need another standard car (with 18inch wheels) for chassis checks etc? Is this done as part of the geometry checks or is that something different? As you can tell I've never done anything like this before but am looking forward to the education!

Research on the IS200/300/sc running 16" 17" and 18" wheels is complete, the final settings can be found in the clubs knowledge bank.

We have a two year study that involves lowering on coil-overs on a Tezza. This displays incremental lowering over time the cars ability to compensate and the final outcome. This information should be available to the club soon.

Tony,

Research on the IS200/300/sc running 16" 17" and 18" wheels is complete, the final settings can be found in the clubs knowledge bank.

We have a two year study that involves lowering on coil-overs on a Tezza. This displays incremental lowering over time the cars ability to compensate and the final outcome. This information should be available to the club soon.

I'm in an IS250 se-l Atuo +MM not an is 200/300......

I'll be down when u're ready for geometry anyways!

I'm in an IS250 se-l Atuo +MM not an is 200/300......

I'll be down when u're ready for geometry anyways!

Ooops sorry i had my eyes in back to front :blush: .... Yes the 220/250 i am very keen to measure more... I must say the initial problems seem to have disappeared, certainly in the UK.

initial problems were? the same inner tyre thread-wear as in the is200's?

No thankfully.... Initial problems were severe tramlining... Small deviations from the stock toe positions were really distressing for the driver.

We moved away from the OEM settings to belay the problem and not long after the situation seemed to disappear....

I don't think for one minute this had anything to do with wim (we never released the data) more like Lexus revised the settings due to the complaints.

Soon as you're open Tony you can have a go at my LS430, assuming you can do those? Blasted thing pulls to the left since the last tyre change (two weeks) and I don't trust the fitters to sort it.

Sounds like you have a tyre bias...... On new tyres you may have noticed colored lines around them? One of those lines displays how severe the lateral drift is... The tyre centre should have put the drift lines both in or both out.

If they are out on the NSF and in on the OSF then the car will pull left.... This has nothing to do with Geometry.

Lord. Thanks for the reply Tony.

All I can say is I didn't notice any coloured lines, and I've just had a look now and can't see anything on the tyres.

Oh, and since the job the steering wheel is slightly off centre - so I have to keep some pressure on it all the time to keep travelling straight on, which I didn't have to do before. If I straighten the wheel the car drives well left. I've tried driving on the other side of the road too in case it's just following the camber and it's reduced but still does it.

When I rang the place and told them that they instantly said "never seen that before in 20 years, bring it back but it will cost you so check it" which is why I thought of you giving it a proper checkout.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links