Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've reached the landmark 90,000 miles, so now must think about getting the timing belt replaced... I am sure this an expensive service and am now thinking for the first time not to go to Lexus.

Does anyone know someone who'll do this job and give the car a good service at the same time, in Ireland? Preferably near Dublin?

I am sure Lexus will charge up over €1,000 for the job.

Help, advice and comments much appreciated.

I've reached the landmark 90,000 miles, so now must think about getting the timing belt replaced... I am sure this an expensive service and am now thinking for the first time not to go to Lexus.

Does anyone know someone who'll do this job and give the car a good service at the same time, in Ireland? Preferably near Dublin?

I am sure Lexus will charge up over €1,000 for the job.

Help, advice and comments much appreciated.

I'm getting timing belt done on Tuesday next in Belfast. I will let you know how it goes as the price seems to be OK. Stay away from the Dublin dealers and do not go to Shannon. (Service centre for Limerick dealer). The best dealer I have used so far (in Ireland) for service is The Ballybrit (Galway) facility.

Thanks for the reply. I had heard that there was a local mechanic in Wicklow who did Lexus as a hobby and was fantastic. Maybe it's just a rumour, but if anyone knows who I'm talking about, I'd love his details.

Got some business for him.

(Very reluctant to let anyone but the dealer I bought that car from do anything to it. It has a full Lexus Service History with this one dealer {worht a lot for resale})

Thanks for the reply. I had heard that there was a local mechanic in Wicklow who did Lexus as a hobby and was fantastic. Maybe it's just a rumour, but if anyone knows who I'm talking about, I'd love his details.

(Very reluctant to let anyone but the dealer I bought that car from do anything to it. It has a full Lexus Service History with this one dealer {worht a lot for resale})

Belfast did a good job and at the price quoted. No fuss. I have had bad experiences with ROI dealers. I spent over €900.00 with one service dealer who didn't even wash the car, left me with sensor problems on the cam and broke my heart for over a month. If you have a FLSH with one dealer, keep it intact. You would save a few bob elsewhere but what value is peace of mind?

• 1 month later...

Belfast did a good job and at the price quoted. No fuss. I have had bad experiences with ROI dealers. I spent over €900.00 with one service dealer who didn't even wash the car, left me with sensor problems on the cam and broke my heart for over a month. If you have a FLSH with one dealer, keep it intact. You would save a few bob elsewhere but what value is peace of mind?

Hi there! Can I ask who you took the car to in Belfast? Im due for a service soon.

• 7 months later...

Same question as above but can’t see any direct answer.

I need to book my car in for a service. I am in Dublin but happy to head to any garage where I can get a reliable service. Would be grateful if anyone could recommend a garage they use or have had a good experience with.

Ideally in Dublin but I would be happy to head to Belfast.

I have priced it in Dublin and was wandering what a 65,000 miles service should cost?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links