Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con Stopped Working

Hi, I own a 2004 RX300. The air con has stopped working. I've checked the fuses. Anyone experience a similar problem at any time?

No error code/messages to indicate any prooblems. Noticed when trying to demist the windows. Pressing the demist button doesn't do anything. Air con compressor doesn't come on when air con selected.

Thanks D

Hi, I know this might sound silly, but what was the external temp. reported by the car? IIRC then a temp = < 3 degrees C and the A/C wont work (not sure on the exact figure but in essence if its already cold outside then the car wont switch the A/C compressor on).

Hi, I know this might sound silly, but what was the external temp. reported by the car? IIRC then a temp = < 3 degrees C and the A/C wont work (not sure on the exact figure but in essence if its already cold outside then the car wont switch the A/C compressor on).

Thanks for the reply, it was 8 degrees C.

To add some additional info the de-mist function was not working either, which is how I noticed it. So rather than having a blast of air to clear the windows nothing happens. However, for some strange reason when the car is cold the power de-mist does work but once it's warm despite everything being misted up and the outside temperature being warm enough the air con doesn't seem to engage.

br

D

might be true on the RX but it is not a general rule as the aircon can come on at any temperature as it helps to demist the windows very quickly

Can you help me out here please?

Gremlins seem to be doing strange things. Now aircon seems to be behaving differently and now I can't remember what's right and what's wrong. Aircon 'seems' to be working but in this weather hard to prove how effectively. Could owners of the RX300 mk II please check what happens when the car is fully warmed up and you press the demist button on the left of the sat nav display? On mine when the car is cold I get air con indicator appear even if air con was off and maximum or almost maximum air directed to the demisting vents. The indicators for the direction of the air in the aircon touch display are all off as opposed to usually one being lit.

Once the car is fully warmed up and you press the demist button I thought it still gave rapid demist using b0oth aircon on and high speed fan. Now I get aircon on but no fan speed increase. This latter point in particualr I would like to check if your climate control is working the same because I am finding the demoist doesn't seem to be as effective as I remember it before the garage had it for some work recently.

Thanks

D

I am unsure of the problem you are trying to resolve

I had a problem with misting windows that would not clear and Lexus explained that at certain temps in/out

the "recirc" button needs to be on rather than external fresh air that is colder than internal temp to clear windows.

(hope this makes sense) ?

I am unsure of the problem you are trying to resolve

I had a problem with misting windows that would not clear and Lexus explained that at certain temps in/out

the "recirc" button needs to be on rather than external fresh air that is colder than internal temp to clear windows.

(hope this makes sense) ?

Thanks, sorry if I had confused rather than clarified what I'm trying to check.

After the car is fully warmed up and you press the demist button what are you RX300 owners finding happens?

Does the air con come on and the fan speed increase as well as direct to the fronts vents for demisting or does the fan speed stay more or less the same e.g. low . It's this last point I really wanted to clarify.

thanks

D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links