Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

19's And Rear Scraping

lexus_tom

Hi, ive got some 19" alloys on my is200 and when I go around bends (left and right) the wheels tyres sound like theyre scraping on the underside of the arches.

I only noticed this lastweek as I was driving to football with people in the back and kits/equipment in the boot, and it doesnt do it any other time.

Do I need to take the arch liner out to prevent this as its really annoying and dont want to damage my tyres or anything.

The suspension has not been lowered or anything, but its not squeaking, just an embarrasing scraping sound.

Does anyone else have this problem??

Any help or advice would be appreciated, Tom :shutit:

Hi, ive got some 19" alloys on my is200 and when I go around bends (left and right) the wheels tyres sound like theyre scraping on the underside of the arches.

I only noticed this lastweek as I was driving to football with people in the back and kits/equipment in the boot, and it doesnt do it any other time.

Do I need to take the arch liner out to prevent this as its really annoying and dont want to damage my tyres or anything.

The suspension has not been lowered or anything, but its not squeaking, just an embarrasing scraping sound.

You could get your arch rolled to sort it out, if its thats the problem, i dont think it will be the plastic inner arch, what sort of wheels are thay ? whats the off set ?

May not be the wheels at all...the first thing you want to do is check that your disc brake cover isn't rubbing on the disc when you put a side load on the wheel bearings (typically going round bends).

It's simple to correct...just bend it away from the disc. It's a known and common problem on the rear of the first generation IS.

theres no plastic inner arch trims on the rear? your best bet is too get the arches rolled as gord said and if needed get skinner tyres stretched onto the wheels. im running 19's with about a 90mm drop i get no rubbing. But some serious negative camber to fit them in but thats the look i was after.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links