Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Generation Is - 220d Only

Generation 2 IS Reliability Poll  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Click those below which resulted in dealer visits

• Interior build quality issues (rattles etc)
    • 5th injector/Oxy sensors
    • Poor fuel economy
    • MLS System/Bluetooth
    • Paintwork
    • Oil Consumption
    • Rough Running/Noisy Engine More than normal
    • Any of the above occured more than twice?
    • No Issues at all
    • Smart Access ystem
  2. 2. Has your IS220d ever boken down leaving you stranded and requiring recovery?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How long have you had your IS220d?

• 0-3 months
    • 3-6 months
    • 6-12 months
    • More than 12 months
    • Would you buy another IS (Click if you would)?

I had the same problem ... today ... 2nd attempt .... I took out the stereo unit ... it's got a metal bracket on each side attached to the plastic part of the stereo .... I placed some foam between the plastic and metal and replaced the 2 screws on each side .... 2 runs out today an NO crack sound so far ..... really easy to do

• 1 month later...

OMFG what am i buying

picking my IS220D Se-L up next week and im already dreading it?

Its a used 59 Plate so im hoping all these issues have been sorted. What does the EGR actually do and is it easily maintainable?

The fifth injector issue? is it a reaccuring problem or is a first fix niggle?

so many more questions but I'll have to wait untill i pick it up and see for myself.

OMFG what am i buying

Its a used 59 Plate so im hoping all these issues have been sorted. What does the EGR actually do and is it easily maintainable?

so many more questions but I'll have to wait untill i pick it up and see for myself.

If you are lucky enough to get yourself a goodun, you will be more than pleased I can tell you. Mine was the best car I had ever owned that is until I got my 250. I only parted with the 220d because of the very low annual mileage that I do and, I learned that a diesel engine is not conducive to low mileage motoring because of the carbon build-up.

Don't dread getting the car, look forward to it. Like me you have very wisely chosen the SE-L version, brilliant. Lots to look forward to.

Let us know how it all goes.

I'd agree with all of that.

Hoping yours comes with FULL Lexus service history. Get all the info you can as to what has been done so far from your Lexus dealership. Also consider an extended warranty. I know it seems expensive but if the Head Gasket goes it can cost a packet. Think of it as a comforting insurance policy.

OMFG what am i buying

If you are lucky enough to get yourself a goodun, you will be more than pleased I can tell you. Mine was the best car I had ever owned that is until I got my 250. I only parted with the 220d because of the very low annual mileage that I do and, I learned that a diesel engine is not conducive to low mileage motoring because of the carbon build-up.

Don't dread getting the car, look forward to it. Like me you have very wisely chosen the SE-L version, brilliant. Lots to look forward to.

Let us know how it all goes.

wow stunning car i really like it.

thanks for the advice, i can see peoples points but i think i can live with some of the bad ones.

wow stunning car i really like it.

thanks for the advice, i can see peoples points but i think i can live with some of the bad ones.

I said you'd be pleased, they really are superb cars. You'll also love all the goodies on it, you'll love driving it, and you'll love just sitting in it and exploring all the knobs and switches, you will also love listening to the hi-fi and, guess what, washing it will no longer be a chore, it will be a pleasure.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links