Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Required

Has anyone had any problems with there Alarm / immobiliser :question:

The problem that I have with it started today.

First thing was that the master key would not unlock or luck car or boot :( ,The little red LED on the key was bright but I still though that the Battery was low so I went into the house and got the spare.

GREAT it worked :D so went and bought a new Battery and fitted it..But no joy :(

Then the next thing to happin was the spare stopped working :angry:

Now I could not get into the car without putting on the alarm and my car was setting outside my house on double yellow lines.

So I bit the bullet and opened the drivers door with and key and bells.lights.horns.the hole ten yards let rip :ph34r:

Put the key in the ignition turned it thinking this will do nothing and guess what car started and bells.lights.horns still keep going.they stopped after about 30 seconds.

Now I'm unable to set the alarm or lock car.

Has anyone any idea what has happened.

Cheers for now

Nige

sounds similar to a problem i had a year ago,i took it back to dealer

and left it with them and they said they would reset the alarm system

(f.o.c) how they do this i dont know but had no probs since

not much help i know,just thought i'd share it with you.

cheers Pete :D

this can be common with alarm systems, have you been near radio transmitters etc?

it screws up the rolling security code - the one in the car and key fob get out of sync.

The secret with the IS is to hit the lock / unlock in succession - repeatedly until the two sync back up again

Hi,

This has happened 3 times with my car. Lexus has re-registered the keys into the alarm-system to get it to work again. They've not been able to explain what's wrong, but they will investigate further next time it happen.

All 3 times, both my keys stopped working.

It seems for me that the problem occures when I double-click the lock-key too fast (I always double-click the lock-key to deactivate the coupe-detector, wich sets of the alarm with no obvious reasons...).

Rgds,

LavaIS

Thanks lads

Have car booked in with dealer on Tuesday for 40k service so will get them to check it out.

Matt, just tried out what you said lock/unlock in succession still no joy.

Car was OK in morning and then no joy in evening and the car had not moved all day and was not near any radio transmitters

The last thing I done in the morning was open the boot with the remote and before I closed it I locked the car.Not sure if this has knocked it out of sync.

Cheer and thanks for now

Nige

Liam,

I only got one key with my car and decided to get another. Hope you are sat down 'cos it cost £170 :duh: however if you lose the one you've got you will have to get a whole new management unit and that is over £2000.

Steve (admin) reckoned you could get one cheaper by shopping round the dealers and I think he is probably right! :ph34r:

• 7 years later...

Hi All,

I have a similar problem on my '99 IS200. Drove the car, parked, locked it, then popped the boot on the fob, closed it. A few hours later went to unlock the car on the fob and nothing happened. Got the spare key and still nothing happened when trying to lock or unlock. Unlocked using the key in the door and the alarm when off, I could start the car ok (all the dashboard lights came on briefly) and the alarm stopped after 30s.

Phoned the local lexus dealer and since the fob LED is still bright, they confirmed it was the door transmitter for the immobiliser. They said it would be 'several hundred' to replace it, (gulp).

I would attempt this job myself but there may be some CPU interface required to reset the immobiliser and pair it to the key fob.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?

How about a part name or number? I did find this page which may list the part but i don't know which one...

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2003_LEXUS_IS200~300_GXE10L-AEFVKW_8420.html

Anyone know what 'sub key' and 'cut key' are? Where they mention 'double lock' are they talking about the fob having boot open operation?

Failing all that then I will have to disable the alarm and i'm sure there is no manual or blog detailing this! If anyone has done it I would appreciate a private email greg.chance@gmail.com (I can email you a pic of my V5 for proof of ownership).

Yours, in desperation...

dr pek

Has anyone had any problems with there Alarm / immobiliser :question:

The problem that I have with it started today.

First thing was that the master key would not unlock or luck car or boot :( ,The little red LED on the key was bright but I still though that the battery was low so I went into the house and got the spare.

GREAT it worked :D so went and bought a new battery and fitted it..But no joy :(

Then the next thing to happin was the spare stopped working :angry:

Now I could not get into the car without putting on the alarm and my car was setting outside my house on double yellow lines.

So I bit the bullet and opened the drivers door with and key and bells.lights.horns.the hole ten yards let rip :ph34r:

Put the key in the ignition turned it thinking this will do nothing and guess what car started and bells.lights.horns still keep going.they stopped after about 30 seconds.

Now I'm unable to set the alarm or lock car.

Has anyone any idea what has happened.

Cheers for now

Nige

hello mate i can help you reprogram your remote in to your car.all you would need to do is give me your engine code.and ill get back to you with the reprograming procedure its a timed operation (has to be done in a surtain time ) plus both keys must be lighting up.let me know if you require the procedure . dont worry its free of charge ha ha . wait to here from you regards james.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links