Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i too have the same problem,phoned lexus last week toorder a new wheel and asked them,

they said if i do not have the key number they could still get it by doing a toyota search ( presumabaly using the car`s vin n0 ) i would have to take the car to them along with proof of ownership and estimated around £200 for 1 key.

if i lose the one i have now then the complete immobiliser will have to be changed £2000,

think me goin for the key option.

We had to get another key for our GS 300. we went to Lexus Woodford in Essex and the cost of the key and remote locking was £60 and £30 or thereabouts + VAT and a half hour to reprogramme the key or something. It took about a week, and if you look a bit untrustworthy, like I did, they do ask for proof of ownership. :crybaby: <_< :arrrggg-matey:

• 2 weeks later...

There are two types of keys, Master and Sub (which doesn't allow remote opening of the boot, or unlocking of the glove compartment). The manual states that you need both the Master key and and the key number for a new key to be made. Also, it mentions that there are a maximum number of replication keys that can be made. I assume this will be because of some Key addressing limitation in the immobiliser chip. It fails to mention what the maximum number is. I would expect a new Master Key would be quite expensive (circa £120)

Perhaps any of the dealers floating around these boards can better clarify.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links