Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am sure this has been covered before so apologies but i could not find any links.

Have had an intermmitent rattle from my dash for about 12 months, now starting to be constant, seems to be coming from the front area in front of the dash speaker, put your hand on it and it stops even very lite pressure, has anybody else experienced similar and more importantly does anybody have any suggestions to cure, it is really starting to bug me now :tsktsk:

Thanks

My dash tended to rattle when warming up from cold. Cured it by inserting a couple of strips of foam rubber between the front of the dash and the front screen.

The foam rubber is black and carefully tucked into position, it is hardly noticable.

I am sure I read on the US-LOC site about a Lexus fix for this, it is caused by the dash fixing tabs/points.....the cure is a pad between the dash and body fixings.....don't know if this was a Lexus TSB fix over here in the UK though?

Best regards David

My dash tended to rattle when warming up from cold. Cured it by inserting a couple of strips of foam rubber between the front of the dash and the front screen.

The foam rubber is black and carefully tucked into position, it is hardly noticable.

That sounds about right, i have noticed that when cold it is worse, how did you get the strips into position?

Thanks

Hi Boxbrownie,

Is correct this is now a Lexus Uk fix.

I had this done just recently under warranty om my Lexus SE-L.

Gerry

That sounds about right, i have noticed that when cold it is worse, how did you get the strips into position?

Thanks

Thanks

The foam rubber I used is about 12mm thick which fits perfectly in the gap between dash and screen. just poke it in with a screwdriver.

...just poke it in with a screwdriver.

Oh the technology of it all [to solve a rattle] ;)

Interesting though that with these cars so full chock of technology, its the simplest of fixes that usually works :)

I had an RX300 (2005) from Lexus Leeds, and now an RX350 (2007) (not from there).

RX300: Leeds put a phone kit into my 300 2 weeks after I got it. A rattle became apparent and then took the dash out to do the warranty fix, and marked it in the process. the rattle was still there after all that. When I sold the car, I took the phone kit out the day before it went, and the rattle stopped! I blame the fitting of the phone kit and in particular the cable that fed the speaker flapping about on the inside of the dash.

Lesson: think twice about anyone taking your car apart, especially removing and replacing the whole dashboard.

RX350: I had a rattle from the centre of the dash but it took me some time to track down. It transpired that the radio part was where the rattle was coming from. After a couple of attempts at tightening their fixing bolts, the radio is in so tightly that it is no longer rattling. May be you should look at taking the radio and air con units out and refitting them. A simple enough job for anyone who can use a socket set.

• 2 months later...
I am sure this has been covered before so apologies but i could not find any links.

Have had an intermmitent rattle from my dash for about 12 months, now starting to be constant, seems to be coming from the front area in front of the dash speaker, put your hand on it and it stops even very lite pressure, has anybody else experienced similar and more importantly does anybody have any suggestions to cure, it is really starting to bug me now :tsktsk:

Thanks

I had the same problem coming from the light sensor (round button) on the top left of the dash. Drove me mad. Got sorted under warranty but required removal of dash - big job. Now out of warranty I have a smaller rattle sorted by shoving tissue between the top left of the dash and the small speaker

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links