Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You Can Get Over 450 Miles Out Of 60 Litres

from LOC knowledgebank

Fuel economy is very similar between the two models and the Lexus IS200. The main advantage of the Lexus over the both Altezza models is a 10 litre bigger fuel tank allowing greater range on a tank of fuel.

Last Modified: 2005-02-08 Number of views: 27105

only averaging 250 miles to my altezza tank :(

Ive had my IS200 a month and so far ive been kipping a strict record of fuel and milage, getting a pretty religous 24.5 mpg. Ive also been filling up on and average of 62 litres per top up, so must be a 70 litre tank.

The better way to judge the mpg is to not measure how many miles you do after you fill up, but to reset the clock when youve filled up, then work out using the cost of how much you fill back up with, its alot easier to judge a full tank than it is an empty one.

I was delighted to get 400 miles from a tank before I thought it prudent to refill this was based on a trip from Crewe to Southampton and back, all good clear fast road and giving it more right foot than I should. So 450 should be easily done with a little restraint... Town driving seems to be the killer for the IS

Yep the tank is 70ltrs and the light comes on when your down to your last 10ltrs.

I average about 25mpg, which is approx 320miles per 60ltrs [light on]. I dont really aim for high MPG, as its so fun to drive when you rev it, but i know that it can do alot more, as when i often get the fuel light come on, and i drive uber froogle and take it easy.

One evening i ran it for 40miles and it only ate into 4ltrs of the reserve 10ltrs, when i got into the forecourt and started to fill up, only 64ltrs went in, i was shocked.... the last 40 or so miles i was doing a calculated 37-38mpg :o ...... Having said that, i was probably the slowest off the line, holding up traffic, taxi-driver'esque 5th gear 20mph hehe.

But if it says anything, the car can do alot better then we put it through.

Yeah, it's definitely a 70 litre tank, I filled it from empty on the first week I had it. I soon learned that the IS200 drinks like a fish if you push it so I take it steady on the way to work and back now. I travel from Stoke to Derby and back 5 days / wk then Manchester and back twice at the weekend. It's almost entirely dual-carriageway and motorway and I can get 400 miles out of a tank, easy. I can imagine that for those of you that drive mainly around town, you wouldn't manage that much.

I usually get around 340-360 a tank, but I'm hoping to better that now im doing longer Main road runs.

I think i get better mileage using Shell Vpower......trouble is the cost of filling the tank :(