Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Uk's 1st Supercharged Is300

Thanks for your asistance Stav! The charger is made by Vortech, Rob, the work has been going on for a week now this includes getting the timing belt kit replaced to. Yes this is the 1st supercharged IS300 in the UK, I was merely saying that the dealer was also looking into an alternaive s/c kit for the IS200 as the TTE S/c kit is no longer available. The video clip is of one of the initial start ups, I agree it was a little noisy on tick over but I am confident with the competence of the installers. We have discussed a custom air intake and heatshield for the filter :whistling: but I decided to deal with that at a later date and go for the bespoke exhaust system and get the car mapped to see how much power I achieve with this kit. ;)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fargo, here is the link to the piggy back ECU I will be using, http://www.dastek.co.uk/unichip.htm. The nearer the 300 HP mark the better I will find out the actual HP on Tuesday when it is mapped, so fingers crossed. The actual charger that is being used is the Vortech V-5 supercharger and Rob you are correct it does have a straight cut spur gear so it will make some noise at low rpm. ;)

Fargo, here is the link to the piggy back ECU I will be using, http://www.dastek.co.uk/unichip.htm. The nearer the 300 HP mark the better I will find out the actual HP on Tuesday when it is mapped, so fingers crossed. The actual charger that is being used is the Vortech V-5 supercharger and Rob you are correct it does have a straight cut spur gear so it will make some noise at low rpm. ;)

Looking forward to Tuesday :D

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The car is now fully mapped but Millway were unsuccessful in obtaining a reliable power ouptut as the car was slipping on the rolling road and was trying to engage back into third gear :duh: The drive back was amazing couldn't believe it was the same car!

I will be taking the car back to where I originally obtained a power output figure for when it was just fitted with the K&N induction kit, which will be on sale for any IS300 owners out there..... :whistling:

With the custom exhaust she sounds lovely too! Just gotta get the other bits sorted and give her good clean! :D

• 2 weeks later...

To all those wondering whats going on.... I haven't managed to get the car for a final dyno as I have been soo busy. ARB' s are fitted, gonna do the coilovers at some point next week. More piccies will be up soon. :winky:

• 2 months later...

Hello All!!

Due to my nan being very ill :crybaby: the modifying was put to the bottom of the priority list, she has since recovered slightly and is now out of hospital. Then a last minute holiday to the states :whistling:

The modifying has re-started! The figs bonnet prop kit has been fitted and so have the tanabe coilovers, but then noticed the OSF & NSF ball joints need replacing :ohmy: not more money having to be spent, still got the A/T fluid to be replaced!

Then there will be the visit to WIM when im happy with the daily drive ride height, bloody speed bumps! :offtopic:

I have a few other goodies sitting in their boxes at home to be fitted soon :whistling:

I will add all piccies, as I know everyone loves them! Did I hear someone say HKS :D

I haven' t had the car back on the rolling road as yet so not sure how much power the kit has added because of a CEL and the above mentioned but no doubt I will post the dyno graph FYI, so fingers crossed hopefully it makes the manufacturers claimed figures lol!

The only problems I have experienced is the CEL because the main CAT was removed and the some heat soak on the air intake. An o2 simulator will be fitted which will hopefully clear the CEL and I am looking into getting a heat shield and air duct manufactured for the air intake.

I may even make the WIM opening so hopefully will see some of you LOC'ers!

Watch this space. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, Im back!!

To all those members that have followed this thread in good faith, here is the update you have been waiting for. The CEL was not because of the removal of the main CAT but that has been sorted by the use of an o2 simulator anyway.

The dreaded code I had was P1346 which I have posted in a different thread.... Through numerous e-mails, phonecalls and fault finding, the UNICHIP was causing my CEL. :angry: The car was taken back to the tuner so the UNICHIP could be investigated, after some discussion and head scratching adjustments were made to the original map and guess what?! No CEL for two days now, so fingers crossed the gremlin does not re-appear. :hehe:

Today I went back to Red Dot in Watford, this is where the car was originally power tested. The N/A power output achieved was 203.5 HP which wasn't bad for a car that has done over 100,000 miles.

The F/I power output achieved today was, wait for it............ 317.7 HP!!

With addressing the issue of the air filter position there is definitely room for more power :D

Did I hear someone say thicker headgasket, smaller pulley and maybe some bigger injectors :whistling:

The dyno sheet, video of dyno run's and any pics I have will be uploaded very soon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links