Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels

Hi

I mentioned to my dealer at my 1 year/10,000 mile service that the wheels on my IS300 where starting to get pitted and looked a bit tatty.

He said no problem they would switch them for new ones under warranty.

I have had them switched only to find out that the "NEW" ones are actually reconditioned wheels with a complete different finish to the original.

Has this happened to anyone else - I personally am not very happy since I paid £26700 for a new car I expect new wheels!!

Jon

getting refurb' wheels is not unheard of - very common infact. they have a different finish to try and stop the corrosion coming thru from the back of the wheel - the unprotected part.

I am now assuming that your spare wheel is an odd one now?? have a chat and see what can be "arranged"

Hi Mate

You will only get refurbished alloys, its 'THE POLICY'. I even took it up with Lexus HQ and they would not budge. I am sure the legal position should be new alloys, but i am not sure. I was going to stick out for new alloys recently, but when i saw the latest bunch of refurbished alloys, i accpeted these.

The latest bunch of refurbished alloys look exactly the same as the original wheels other than the fact that they have a clear lacquer over the painted bits on the inner edges and the bare metal mill finish on the edge of the rim and front of the spokes. As these look identical to the original alloys, and appear to be far far easier to clean, i opted for these.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links