Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Gs300 Sport Springs

Monster-Mat

does anyone know the height difference between the sport, and non sport.

anyone got a close up picture of the arch gap on the sport

anyone know the part number of the sport springs

do the shocks need changing

is there an alternative spring to the ludicrously priced OEM sport springs

thanks....

i popped the monsters spare alloys onto the GS today....and it does need some bringing down to earth

gsw3.jpg

gsw2.jpg

gsw1.jpg

According the the Mk1 GS300 Sport brochure I have, it says the suspension is lowered by 25mm. It doesn't give a different figure for front and rear so I guess it is the same all round.

The previous owner of my Sport had raised the car due to the design of his driveway, so I've had to reverse that. I didn't bother with OEM springs. TDI said they could get some lowering springs with a lead time of 4 months or something unless you went for the airmail price which was too much for me. I ended up ordering from Envy Performance. Transaction wasn't totally smooth mind you, their acquasition time was much longer than they first said. I ordered the Espelir Active Super Down springs with 30mm drop, however when the springs did finally arrive, the japanese supplier had sent the wrong items and I got RS*R Down springs instead. Had no problems with them so far, although I have the rears to fit still. When the new ones went on the front, the ludicrous camber introduced by the high springs and the geo not being redone was instantly sorted.

Best shots I have on the pc at the mo are these ones to show the front arch and stance of the car.

post-19263-1201370176.jpg

post-19263-1201370187.jpg

but i was under the impression that the OEM sport springs lowered the front more, and with very minimal arch gap

I'm guessing that with older/more aged springs, it might drop a bit more than 25mm. I wouldn't want mine to go any lower, the exhaust already takes a bit of a beating on speed bumps as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
got some pics of mine when it was clean :)

well i would do but cant , not enough space (

If possible does anybody have any pictures of the GS TTE springs or know of any markings which will tell them apart. I have been offered some but they cant guarantee they are the correct ones or even if they are front and rears. I think they say AM 1081 and AM 1082 on them but I will check before I purchase. They do definately say TTE on them though :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...
got some pics of mine when it was clean :)

well i would do but cant , not enough space (

If possible does anybody have any pictures of the GS TTE springs or know of any markings which will tell them apart. I have been offered some but they cant guarantee they are the correct ones or even if they are front and rears. I think they say AM 1081 and AM 1082 on them but I will check before I purchase. They do definately say TTE on them though :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dont worry guys

I found a supplier for my mates GS / Aristo Shocker and spring combo

They are the nuts TOM's Coil over units and look the biz in red .. good price too

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

We had this same problem when a front spring on our Sport broke, £275 for a pair of front springs!! Stupid if you ask me. Anyway a company called Envy Performance in Northumberland can get either RSR or H&R performance lowered springs for this car. The H&R items we fitted not only retained the original GS300 Sport ride hight but has transformed the ride and handling from being harsh and skippy to complient but firm. It handles better to boot.

The RSR are £180 and the H&R are around £230, both prices are for a set of 4.

Have fun

Regards

Martin Foreman

Edited by janey
link address removed

Hi there

We had this same problem when a front spring on our Sport broke, £275 for a pair of front springs!! Stupid if you ask me. Anyway a company called Envy Performance in Northumberland can get either RSR or H&R performance lowered springs for this car. The H&R items we fitted not only retained the original GS300 Sport ride hight but has transformed the ride and handling from being harsh and skippy to complient but firm. It handles better to boot.

Have fun

Regards

Martin Foreman

will the normal gs eibachs not fit onto the sport then?

Hi there

Have fun

Regards

Martin Foreman

will the normal gs eibachs not fit onto the sport then?

Yup

• 1 month later...
Hi there

Have fun

Regards

Martin Foreman

hi there i could do with a little help i have a mk1 gs sport 1996 and had a front spring broke so contacted the lexus main dealer cos im posh (not) anyway they gave me a set of part number

lgbngs sp004-f as i gave him my chassis number cost with vat 201.23 so off i trotted and had them fitted

one evening travelling down the m6 i saw ag3 300 se and looked at the gap between the front arch which was huge and thought that looks the similar size to my sport wheel to arch gap so i rang another lexus main agent

and gave him my chassis number ans he said that the part number should be lgbnga sp002-f so i went back to the original dealer give him a bollocking and he orderd a set of spoo2-f and informed me they were 273 with vat so i got him in a headlock and said he had messed be about and he should stand the extra because i had to get them fitted asainat cost to me which he agreed

so i have just had them fitted and the gap is still massive you can put your hand between the tyre and arch and then rotate your hand 90 degrees si its standing vertical but every other gs sport i see you are talking of an inch gap so any one have any suggestions i dont think l;exus will have these back i still have the old spoo4 yet to return and the new ones now fitted but none are what i was expecting and she just looks silly rear is sat nice and front a lot higher now i have spoke to a tein uk rep and he said the measurements from the centre of the wheel to the arch would be 352 mm where as mine is 412 mm at least so please help becasuse i dont want to her drive in this state

so any one have any suggestions i dont think l;exus will have these back i still have the old spoo4 yet to return and the new ones now fitted but none are what i was expecting and she just looks silly rear is sat nice and front a lot higher now i have spoke to a tein uk rep and he said the measurements from the centre of the wheel to the arch would be 352 mm where as mine is 412 mm at least so please help becasuse i dont want to her drive in this state

If I recollect correctly from when I had my '96 GS 300 Sport, the Sport is only 25mm lower than other GS300's. What wheels and tyres are you running on? Sounds very much as if you are running on wrong size.

If I recollect correctly from when I had my '96 GS 300 Sport, the Sport is only 25mm lower than other GS300's.

This is correct. I have a copy of the Sport brochure and that states a 25mm drop all round.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links