Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plate Question

dipsetdeano

Hi all

I was looking to get some new plates for my car but wanted to get a lexus sign with a black background to match the car instead of the usual GB as i think it would look the business. They have it at http://www.demonplates.com/. Just wondering if this is legal or if anyone has done anything similar.

Cheers

Deano

if your thinking of black plates instead of the usual white front and rear yellow these ar only legal on cars made before 1970 i think. had black one on a 95 astra at mot. passed but was told it would have to be changed to original yellow before he saw my car about again. mind he was vehicle inspectorate!

if your thinking of black plates instead of the usual white front and rear yellow these ar only legal on cars made before 1970 i think. had black one on a 95 astra at mot. passed but was told it would have to be changed to original yellow before he saw my car about again. mind he was vehicle inspectorate!

It's 1973 Then you had to have reflectives front and rear

If the logo completely covers or is outside of the reflective area

like this:

Summit_GB.JPG

not like this:

law2.jpg

Then technically you could argue that the logo is outside the area of the numberplate, in which case you can have whatever you like. (along as there is a 11mm border to the 1st letter. as the guide above states)

Bit of a grey 'clause' but i reakon you could argue it if it did go that far!