Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mod: Air Intake!

remove intake replace with supercharger

Naw... I was thinking about something along the lines of a Apexi Power Intake Air Filter System ( complete kit->> http://www.racinglab.com/appowinairfi.html).

Didn't notice any difference with that fitted to my Altezza apart from a lot more noise when you put the foot down :whistling: , gets a bit annoying after a few weeks. You might gain 2-3 bhp max

remove intake replace with supercharger

Naw... I was thinking about something along the lines of a Apexi Power Intake Air Filter System ( complete kit->> http://www.racinglab.com/appowinairfi.html).

Didn't notice any difference with that fitted to my Altezza apart from a lot more noise when you put the foot down :whistling: , gets a bit annoying after a few weeks. You might gain 2-3 bhp max

:o damn.. I guess u saved my sum money then!!

I lost bout 50% of the power when i fitted mine, <_<

i ve just fitted the apexi power intake and just like what happened to you maltezza my car has lost power, its really slow going up through the revs , i disconnected the Battery for 10 mins and and the connected it then started it up for 5 mins without touching the throttle then turned it off and fired her up again and took it for a test drive and its still the same , have u got yours sorted yet, i see from your thread about your car that they said it might be your carbon pipe but i have got the correct pipe and it still does it . dont know what to do now, let me know what you have done :)

i ve just fitted the apexi power intake and just like what happened to you maltezza my car has lost power, its really slow going up through the revs , i disconnected the Battery for 10 mins and and the connected it then started it up for 5 mins without touching the throttle then turned it off and fired her up again and took it for a test drive and its still the same , have u got yours sorted yet, i see from your thread about your car that they said it might be your carbon pipe but i have got the correct pipe and it still does it . dont know what to do now, let me know what you have done :)

just been back out to the car and disconnected the Battery for an hour, connected it back up and took it out for a drive, at first it was pretty sluggish , but the more i drove it the better it got, and after an hour of driving the ecu has learned the new filter airflow, its still not perfect but its pretty close so i came home and parked up for an hour went back out for a drive and from cold it drives perfect really responsive but as the temp went to normal it loses a tiny amount of response which im thinking is the heat in the engine bay so im gona look to get a box to fit in there, so to sum up i fitted it and it drove like a pile of ****, left the Battery disconnected for an hour to reset the ecu then drove around for an hour and it fixed itself :)

just been back out to the car and disconnected the Battery for an hour, connected it back up and took it out for a drive, at first it was pretty sluggish , but the more i drove it the better it got, and after an hour of driving the ecu has learned the new filter airflow, its still not perfect but its pretty close so i came home and parked up for an hour went back out for a drive and from cold it drives perfect really responsive but as the temp went to normal it loses a tiny amount of response which im thinking is the heat in the engine bay so im gona look to get a box to fit in there, so to sum up i fitted it and it drove like a pile of ****, left the Battery disconnected for an hour to reset the ecu then drove around for an hour and it fixed itself :)

So what your're telling me is .. the apexi power intake really works ??

Cuz im a bit confuse now … 1st mAltezza said its crap .. but now your’re say-n it works.

One other question … does it improve your torque , and by how much??