Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red Faced

Michaelsb

:blush: This weekend was our first trip out in our new SC, so we booked a nice 5 star hotel and off we go, so far so good. We arrive at the hotel and the porter gives us an under cover parking spot for our new baby.

Saturday sunshine all around we think lets go for a drive with the roof down, so with SC now parked in pride of place outside the front of the hotel we hit the button to open the roof, yes you know what happened next midway through the roof opening it stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would not open and would not close !!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh very red faced and 2 hours later Lexus RAC man and the roof is working again I hope for good. That will be the last time I pose with my SC in public. :blush:

Is this a one off or have other SC owners had simular moments of SC madness? :question:

Pleased to say I haven't had that problem - but (just in case) wonder if your RAC man explained what caused the malfunction ?

Carry on posing !

I haven't had that problem either, I've just had haunted alarm system (still not fixed) and headlamp washers that turned themselves on until the bottle was empty. this was traced to an electrical short on the pump. For future reference I believe there is a manual override for your roof if you check your handbook.

I have switched the engine off (dont know why I did it) mid way through closing the roof, and the whole thing just stopped. Took ~1min before I could start the closing process again. Fortunatly noone was around. Seen a bad one with an SL a couple of days back when his roof caught a pole in a multi-storey. He couldnt get it to close or open without scraping in the end. and just closed it again.

Am very careful of multi-storeys now. Other than that - roofs been fine up and down probably used it at least 150 times now!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links