Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I got mine from E-Bay, came from China. They took 15 minutes to fit.

The kit included brackets bolts & nuts, cable ties, or large sticky pads to avoid drilling.

I can't tell the long term reliablity of the componets but working great so far :D

I bought an extra set of bulbs with the kit as if I have a bulb failure, I can replace

it without waiting for the post, I thought that was a prudent move.

Mine are 9006 (bulb type to fit dipped) 6000k (bulb temperature very white light)

I used E-Bay trader diane-shop (China Supplier)

Other members have bought from hids-direct (U.K. based supplier) with good results.

Check your dipped bulb type before ordering as mine are for the IS200.

I got mine from E-Bay, came from China. They took 15 minutes to fit.

The kit included brackets bolts & nuts, cable ties, or large sticky pads to avoid drilling.

I can't tell the long term reliablity of the componets but working great so far :D

I bought an extra set of bulbs with the kit as if I have a bulb failure, I can replace

it without waiting for the post, I thought that was a prudent move.

Mine are 9006 (bulb type to fit dipped) 6000k (bulb temperature very white light)

I used E-Bay trader diane-shop (China Supplier)

Other members have bought from hids-direct (U.K. based supplier) with good results.

Check your dipped bulb type before ordering as mine are for the IS200.

wozza, any problems with beam pattern etc?? have you had an mot with them on yet??

Im my experience with HID kits, I would spend as much money as you can on them. The first kit I bought went in my Nissan Micra driving school car and they lasted a good three years. When the bulbs and ballasts eventually went, I replaced them with much cheaper ones and they lasted for about a year. Philips or Osram kits are the ones to go for. A good website I found was HID-Online.com Give them a look. They ain't cheap but they will last.

I wouldn't worry about the MOT in terms of having a HID kit fitted. My Micra passed three MOT's with no problem at all. So long as the bulbs are fitted correctly into the headlight, making sure that it sits level, job's a goodun as they say. I fitted a set to my old 2001 GS300 with no problem at all. It's alot easier when you have space to mount the ballasts. As you can imagine in a Micra, there's not alot of room under the bonet to play with.

I got my 6000k kit from this guy: allgoods99.

I did have one ballast unit fail which made me glad I went for a UK based seller, which the guy replaced with no quibbles.

I have a set of GS 300 Series 2 HID headlamps from a GS Sport complete with bulbs etc for sale if anybody is interested?

I got my HiD kit from hids-direct too.

They have been fitted for nearly three years now and work perfectly.

I have not had any problem with MOT's yet either.

The installation really looks as it was meant to be there with no exposed wiring apart from the extra relay and power connection.

I fitted the ballasts in the inner wings just forward from the indicators and there is plenty of space to keep them cool.

the hid kit on my gs was on it when i purchaced the car,one of the ballasts failed and i had no idea what make they were or where to get a replacement,after searching eBay i found a standard replacement ballast from hong kong(about £20 inclusive)...its not the same make but works fine so dont worry too much about cheap units as they can be replaced and are easy to fit

I traded in my 2001 GS300 at Lexus Hatfield. That had an HID kit fitted by myself. Just wondering if Chelski has my old car? Dark metalic green? If it is, very glad to see it has gone to another Lexus Owners Club member.

• 3 weeks later...

Unlucky wozza :(

I have a spare ballast unit if you want to borrow it until yours is sorted. I bought it when my original ballast failed and was waiting of the replacement one to arrive, it was really annoying having to use a standard bulb again so I grabbed a spare ballast so I could keep it in the boot in case I had another failure.

I bought the £46 set from the diane-shop on eBay. Been installed for 2-3 weeks now and so far have functioned flawlessly. Fitting took less than 30 mins (probably less if you know what you're doing off the cuff!).

Probably the best upgrade you can do on your car. Just be aware of the potential legal implications (which have been discussed to death here, so I'll not repeat them).

• 2 weeks later...

Right had to trace my hid kit today as sentto wrong house...

realised i'd orderd the 4300k ones instead of 6000k but the seller said not dimmer just whiter, anway fitted them, and are great, think i need to adjust dipbeam down a bit now though

Any pics of how the 4300Ks look? I've got 8300Ks in mine, and although they're great, sometimes I wonder whether how much of an illumination difference there is when using 4300, 6000 and 8300............has anyone experienced all of them? Is there a noticeable difference?

Saw a pic once with a guy holding the bulbs against a white background....

he had various colour temps, and I will say the difference in brightness was very noticeable... not the bulb itself, but the reflection from the background..

I would have thought 8300K would be quite blue, if not tingeing towards violet... and would attract the dibbles more than 6K or less..

John

I have no experience of HID kits... but looking for one for my MK1 1997 GS300 sport.

After reading these posts it seems like the one to go for as seen on HID-Direct is the Single Beam ULTRA HID conversion kits for most cars - £79.99 inc VAT or are any of the more expensive ones worthwhile?

colour Temp 6k?

Would people agree with this? also, how do these compare with regards to the light output of my standard ones.. are they better?

maybe stupid questions so sorry but never looked into them till now.

Cheers guy's (and gals if there are any)

HID's are 300% (or 3X) brighter than normal bulbs..

The "HID lookalike" bulbs are 30% (a 1/3) brighter..

The technology is the same, whether they cost £50 or £150... buying from the UK may be better for warranty issues, but they are buying the same lights from China/Hong Kong, and adding their costs/profits onto the price..

At the end of the day, you pay your money and take your choice..

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links