Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

100w Bulbs

dazz32

I wouldn't recommend it either mate. Could end up as toast.

You will be increasing each side by over 3A. With switch on current it will be a lot higher. Too much of a jump in my opinion. Not sure of the contact rating on the relay either so you'd possibly have to change that right from the outset.

If you really wanted to do it, you could put a separate feed from the Battery and relays in so they still switch as normal.

You'd have to take into account the heat as well.

I wouldn't recommend it either mate. Could end up as toast.

You will be increasing each side by over 3A. With switch on current it will be a lot higher. Too much of a jump in my opinion. Not sure of the contact rating on the relay either so you'd possibly have to change that right from the outset.

If you really wanted to do it, you could put a separate feed from the battery and relays in so they still switch as normal.

You'd have to take into account the heat as well.

Thats what i was thinking geoffers ....been trying to get some 60W bulbs Xenon upgrade 6500K been looking all over the place but cant see any...ebay ones say one thing and tend to be yeelllloowww.... seen autobulb direct ones and these again seem ok but dont say if they are 6500k or not.

100w bulbs are mainly for off road use only, But you can get 80w which is slightly higher power and and not much more than the standard 55/60w setup so not too harsh on the wiring system as the 100w get very hot and would over time discolour your headlight lense and would'nt be too good for your wiring like Geoffers said a bit further up^^^^^ I brought a set of 80w off eBay a bit back but they didnt last very long but they were quite cheep?

:D