Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Brakes

Ok so Lexus reckon its time to change my front discs and pads and my rear pads.

They want £500 to do it which I reckon is a little steep, if I get the parts for myself from eBay or the like how hard are they to fit? Anyone had any experience, bearing in mind I'm pretty handy but no mechanic.

Pedros

Brakes are not too bad to do, i do mine myself with my dador brother assist to make sure i dont make a hash of it.

alternatively you could take it to a private garage i know of one down my way who i highly recommend and he is very resonable.

front brakes takes about 30 mins to do the pads, discs needs a bit longer say total of an hour.... rear pads takes about 40 mins if u never did it before - its very easy tho is best if u have a breaker bar and a torque wrench

beofre fitting the new discs clean up the hub with a wire brush or better a wire wheel in a drill - apply some coppergrease and u will be ok - also a bit of copper grease to the area where the hub of the wheel contacts the disc

I promise we're a nice bunch and wont bite (well i dont think wozza will come)

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread cowboypedros but if you want to make the trip we'll give you a hand sorting yours out as well

Yeah im sorry 2 :blush:

Im workin on it with the other half :winky:

cowboypedros yeah u come n we can get em done 2getha :D

Cheers for all the advice and help offers guys, I'm away on the 24th actually but have decided certainly that I'll have a stab myself and not bother shelling out £500 to lexus, may take the opportunity to paint the calipers will let you know how it goes.

I do i do but will i be allowed :msn-cry:

Get a note from your Mum :D

I promise we're a nice bunch and wont bite (well I dont think Wozza will come)

I don't bite.....unless asked :winky:

I will be at the South East Jap Meet 24/02/08 on that day anyways.

Have a good meet & good luck with the brakes :D

(remember the coppaslip & wire brush)

Dont talk 2 my mum :unsure: so carnt lol u can bite her 4 me :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have warped front brake disc, :crybaby:

Been driving for a little while with them, but now it gettin serious, my garage said they cant get parts and fit for £294. which i really dont have.

Seen some on eBay from £55- £100 odd. so was also looking at doing them myself.

Does anyone have a guide (so i can print) so changing them, what tools and equipment i'll need etc.

many thanks

RR

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links