Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Suit Your Car?

MAT_8N

Well i was parked up yesterday going to get a takeaway....it was parked outside a place that had some very bright lights outside ( car looked really nice )and went to get back in my car and some old boy looked in amazment when i pressed the key fob to get in .he then asked me if this was my car.and procceded to ask me 1001 questions about my car saying how fantastic it looked and that he wanted to get one etc....

kinda put a smile on my face to say yep thats my car and to be told how good it looked.. :D

Well i was parked up yesterday going to get a takeaway....it was parked outside a place that had some very bright lights outside ( car looked really nice )and went to get back in my car and some old boy looked in amazment when i pressed the key fob to get in .he then asked me if this was my car.and procceded to ask me 1001 questions about my car saying how fantastic it looked and that he wanted to get one etc....

kinda put a smile on my face to say yep thats my car and to be told how good it looked.. :D

Yeah! That happens to me most days.........when I'm driving my Nissan S-Cargo!!

I usually get some surprised looks in with mine, as I've got short hair usually wear a bike jacket of some sort (especially at this time of year!), I'm sure allot of people assume it's my dad's! When I do wear a suit for work I dont seem to get the same reactions :whistling:

Personally though the car itself suits me, my style of driving perfectly. Having one has really taken the stress out of driving for me.

Stiggy

Lexus would say as a 38 year old male with a great job and a good income, that I fit their demographic for the SC430 very well.

However, at the same time, I'm black and usually have a shaved head so I'm sure most people think that I make my money either selling drugs or as a pimp and I think the car only adds to that perception.

Regardless of the above I think the SC is perfect for me!

• 2 weeks later...

27, Joiner with an LS430. I think the general assumption is either a) I do a lot of cash jobs or B) I've just borrowed it from the old man!!

People have asked me if I feel I look a bit of an idiot driving it, I just laugh and have a smug grin knowing that they clearly haven't driven in one otherwise they would know how daft a question that is. Who flippin cares when your being coseted by beautiful heated leather, listening to a breathtaking sound system and shifting like something off a shovel.

well, im 23 and i have had my lexus a year and a half, i think it suits me you get a little of respect on the road from some other drivers well not BMWs

How ever my car does bounce down the road and i have been pulled by the police in the early hours of the morning for looking SUSPICIOUS, t shirt an jeans and short hair in a rather nice car hmmmm does that mean i suit it or not

i think it suits me

Good topic...

I think i suite my IS200, Its like me stylish, unique, oh and a bit sluggish lol ... wouldn't change it for anything.

I look good in it on the way to work (suite, tie etc).

However on the weekends i think i come across abit dodgy, unshaved, footy top on and listening to load embarasin music.

im 22yr old hoody! :P well the hood is only up when im having a bad hair day :( which is all the time (dont drive with it up)

people will either think i stole it, its dads or both! :lol:

i love the fact that the car is so underestimated!

sounds exacly the same as me mate hoody wearing 22 year old..............it must be my dads or iv just nicked it, i call it JEALOUSY mate.

The way I drive (like a ****), I suit my Nova more than the Lex, but sadly that image is no good when im visiting sites and clients, so the Lex was a concious attempt at an image change/boost. I just make sure I keep the 4 wheels traveling in the same direction as the road when Im out on business.

So you really are a chav, Got the lexus to change/boost you image........................ Well its not working :lol:

I'm 22 normally weraing shirt and trousers so i think i suit my IS but i do think that other people assume it is my dads car and not mine!

Ditto

im 22yr old hoody! :P well the hood is only up when im having a bad hair day :( which is all the time (dont drive with it up)

people will either think i stole it, its dads or both! :lol:

Ditto

I'm 23 (just), suited and booted throu the day, hoody and old jeans at night! I love the varying reaction you get from people, same with my last car. In a shirt/suit nobody looks twice, but in a hoodie or baseball cap, get pulled by the police!

Also been told the IS is a "drug dealers car"!!! Dunno where that came from? Seems in some circles the Lexus has a "Gangsta" image!!!

Also been told the IS is a "drug dealers car"!!! Dunno where that came from? Seems in some circles the Lexus has a "Gangsta" image!!!

In Jamaica Lexus carries higher status then B*W and Mercedes put together.

Lexus also seem to be favored by the Crips and Bloods too.

Reactions for me have calmed down over the last 5 years (approaching 25) and as prices have dropped. And it would also depend on what I was wearing and wear I was.

I'm 26 own a '54 plate IS200 and think it suits me to the ground. When I first bought it I thought I got funny looks but most likely that was presumptuous paranoia!

....just wait till I get my GS in a year or so time and I pull up to a forecourt wearing my baggies and a hoodie!

The way I drive (like a ****), I suit my Nova more than the Lex, but sadly that image is no good when im visiting sites and clients, so the Lex was a concious attempt at an image change/boost. I just make sure I keep the 4 wheels traveling in the same direction as the road when Im out on business.

Its travelling if you want to start picking holes .

B) Hi all, i think i suit my car,and even look like my car,I love it :blush: I don't care what people say,and i must say ,when i'm driving about i feel good.drugs,pimps,age, what ever,i payed for it.I dress to suit the car, :lol: how sad am i :D Life's too short,so live the dream,i know i do.Smile on and drive on :lol: FAT BOY LEXUS GS 430 V8 ,WHAT A CAR :hehe:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links