Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Help

Have you tried a disk with a newer version on though? What I'm saying is that (possibly) if it wants an upgrade, it has to be dated newer until it is taken out of the upgrade mode.

Got to be worth a try at least?

That's worth a shot. Let me try to get my hands on one of those. Stay tuned.

Sorry to butt in here, i am having a sat nav cd not read problem in a '99 gs300, wanted to try disconnecting the sat nav ecu that is being referred to in this thread, could someone let me know where its located?

I brought the car back with me from the UK and Irish dealers dont want to know, so this has to be a diy fix, or else drive up to see KevBonner!!

Many thanks,

Ronald,

Sorry to butt in here, i am having a sat nav cd not read problem in a '99 gs300, wanted to try disconnecting the sat nav ecu that is being referred to in this thread, could someone let me know where its located?

I brought the car back with me from the UK and Irish dealers dont want to know, so this has to be a diy fix, or else drive up to see KevBonner!!

Many thanks,

Ronald,

Hi Ronald, i'm not sure about the gs but my unit in my is was in the boot, take out the cover in the boot, remove the spare wheel cover and u should see it on your left, :) or maybe try under the passenger seat :)

Kevin

Thanks for the info Kev, I was confused looking for a small 2" unit like in the engine bay, whats being referred to is the actual unit that plays the cd, yes?

I admire your soldering skills even more now, i took that unit apart yesterday and found the Battery held vertically in a soldered connection right up against the gps receiver, no way am i going at that!

I still dont know if i have a bad cd or bad player or what, so i need to track down a 2.1 cd to start the troubleshooting. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyone out there have a 2.1 ver cd they want to flog cheap?

Thanks again for the help and good luck with your quest.

Ronald.

• 3 months later...

hi there i am a new member.and also have the same problem wit hthe navigation it all happened when the disk got ejected.i put the same disk back in and got the disk error screen,i contacted lexus to be told that a new dvd player would be needed for only £1000 pound,not cheep,has anybody got this problem fixed.... regards one very sad lexus is200 owner. :tomato:

Cameron, if the worst comes to the worst you could put a Sony sat nav screen in the pop up unit like i did, much cheaper than £1000 anyway :P

Cameron, if the worst comes to the worst you could put a Sony sat nav screen in the pop up unit like i did, much cheaper than £1000 anyway :P

Absolutely. I would look at this if you are forced to. I take it you have done all the usual resets, etc.

You have far more options too for DVD, reverse camera etc.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I've just bought a map update for my satnav, so i'm hoping that is all it needs just the new disc, do you's guys think it could be all it needs? just a new disc that it is asking for?

Or i could end up selling the new disc on eBay cheap, lol, lol.

Original disc: 86271 - 24120

86271 - 70v30a

New disc ordered: pz485-x01eu-07 @ £119:40 from www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

I recieve the new disc in a few days time and i'll let you guys know how i get on, :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links