Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yep, that correct, you also find there is also another switch on the light stalk for turning your light automaticaly when it gets dark. There are a few flash items on the Mk 1 GS B) B)

On the light stalk, there are 3 settings - Side, Dipped and Auto, is the very last settings on the stalk, well it is on mine. If you have this, you'll also notice that on the dash near the edges by the windshield, there are 2 little domes, one either side, one is covered and the other looks more like an ultra sonic rather than a sensor.

Sorry but I believe the wiper switch you refer to is not about wind noise at all, its when its snowing and snow piles up below the wipers, you can park them higher and avoid damage to the mechanism. I am sure this is mentioned in the handbook?

On series two GS's you have the same feature, however with these cars you manual pull the wiper arms up until they lock in the high park condition. :)

I never knew that about the wipers and I have had my GS for almost 3 years :blush: Do you know if the IS has the same feature as I have noticed that my drivers wiper seems to be stopping to high up just recently.

Glenn

My MK1 GS300 does not have auto lights either. It does have the dome sensors on the dash, which I presumed to be microwave TX/RX sensors for the alarm.

The UK manual states, as Lexussport says, that the full/semi wiper-switch position is for obstructions such as snow etc. quote: "When snow season is over, return the wipers to the retracted position"

Steve J.

The "high" position also makes life easier when replacing windscreens - mine had chips when I bought the car which slowly turned into a crescent crack in one corner. However,

I think the fitter forgot this and now they don't drop down as low as they used to - looks like I'll have to get my own spanner out. One of the few jobs I dare to do myself on the GS!

Hi Guys

Having read posts on wiper switching can anyone tell me if the MK1 has a single wipe facility.

On other cars I have had if you pull the wiper stalk forward (sama as flashing lights on full beam) you get a single screen sweep. I find that to clear the screen I have to switch wipers to delayed wipe and then switch off again.

Thanks

Keith

If you push the wiper stalk back to the dash, but then it is a 2 wipe function, the only way I get a single wipe is to switch to Intermittent wipe then off again

• 2 weeks later...

On my 2000 GS430 there is a single wipe option activated by pulling the stalk towards you. It is labelled "Mist".

As for the Auto lights setting. I have this on my non-import as well. I would say excercise caution when using this setting. It generally works really well although totally fails to detect fog (unsurprisingly as it is simply detecting ambient light), and therefore does not switch on the lights during foggy conditions. The dome sensors on the dash are shown in my manual as being the ambient light sensors (to auto dim the dash, switch on lights, change Sat Nav background colour, etc).

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links