Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Stereo

PCIronmike

Hi again , I posted earlier about I couldn,t get the CD to work on my stereo , its a 6 CD changer in a IS Sport Navigator , the radio works fine but the button to change from FM to Disc when pushed does nothing , I have noticed there is a wire that looks like it comes from the back of the stereo area and it has like a small din plug on the end like a small headphone jack , the cable is a twin cable into the jack , could this be why my CD will not operate ???maybe its for an external minidisc or something stopping normal operation ??? any ideas lads ??? lastly how do I remove the stereo unit to remove this or at least check it out ???

Thanks in advance for any tips

Regards

Paul.

Have you loaded any disks? It won't switch to CD without.

Press the load button.

Lights either side of the slot are Orange and flash

You'll hear a wizz burr wizz clunk burr

The lights will turn green

Put your disk into the slot and it will take it off you.

Repeat the process unitl its full (or just do the same whenever you are ready for more)

Sorry if you've already done this, don't mean to insult your intelligence.

As for the connector, possibly part of a phone car kit or maybe a home made aux in. If you do a search, there loads on removing the headunit.

I have noticed there is a wire that looks like it comes from the back of the stereo area and it has like a small din plug on the end like a small headphone jack , the cable is a twin cable into the jack , could this be why my CD will not operate ???

Regards

Paul.

It does sound like the previous owner did some kind of aux-in modification (which could be a good thing). However if it's only a headphone jack that is going into the CD input then pressing the CD button should make the headunit display "CD" rather than "FM" even if there's nothing plugged in. (headphone jack's can't sense if there's input or not - I think).

Have you got an ipod or walman or something you can plug in and see?

Have you loaded any disks? It won't switch to CD without.

Press the load button.

Lights either side of the slot are Orange and flash

You'll hear a wizz burr wizz clunk burr

The lights will turn green

Put your disk into the slot and it will take it off you.

Repeat the process unitl its full (or just do the same whenever you are ready for more)

Sorry if you've already done this, don't mean to insult your intelligence.

As for the connector, possibly part of a phone car kit or maybe a home made aux in. If you do a search, there loads on removing the headunit.

Hi , cheers for the info , yeah tried pushing the load button , nothing happens tho , dunno what to do next ??? maybe do what I do to the PC when it plays up , give it a damn good kick , LOL

Thanks & Regards

Paul.

I have noticed there is a wire that looks like it comes from the back of the stereo area and it has like a small din plug on the end like a small headphone jack , the cable is a twin cable into the jack , could this be why my CD will not operate ???

Regards

Paul.

It does sound like the previous owner did some kind of aux-in modification (which could be a good thing). However if it's only a headphone jack that is going into the CD input then pressing the CD button should make the headunit display "CD" rather than "FM" even if there's nothing plugged in. (headphone jack's can't sense if there's input or not - I think).

Have you got an ipod or walman or something you can plug in and see?

Good thinkin Batman !! I,ll def give it a go . Cheers for the info . If you hear a big bang tho , That,ll be me .LOL

Regards

Paul

Wonder if it is stuck in some sort of AUX mode. Maybe the disk side of things were faulty and its been bypassed.

Try as Hando suggested, but also try doing a full reset of the Headunit. (You'll lose your preset stations at the risk of being obvious though).

There's two fuses you need to remove but can't remember off the top of my head which ones. I'm sure they're labelled though. (Actually think one of them is labelled TV1)

Or take the power off the Battery for a while but that will also reset the engine ECU and it will have to learn your driving again.

Wonder if it is stuck in some sort of AUX mode. Maybe the disk side of things were faulty and its been bypassed.

Try as Hando suggested, but also try doing a full reset of the Headunit. (You'll lose your preset stations at the risk of being obvious though).

There's two fuses you need to remove but can't remember off the top of my head which ones. I'm sure they're labelled though. (Actually think one of them is labelled TV1)

Or take the power off the battery for a while but that will also reset the engine ECU and it will have to learn your driving again.

Fuses are under the bonnet on the passenger side. On the back of the lid of the fuse compartment should be a map of which fuse is which - main headunit fuse is labelled "RADIO" or "RADIO1" I think. Didn't know about a second fuse (TV1) but if it's there can't hurt to pull that one out and pop it back in. :)

Does sound like someone bypassed the CD with an aux-in probably because of dreaded ERR3. But in today's world an aux in is more useful than CD.

Geoffers: did the prolex aux-in you made bypass the CD or did it work alongisde? (Wondering if it might be one of your units in there aprt from the recent gromaudio I didn't think there were others about in the UK).

Or take the power off the battery for a while but that will also reset the engine ECU and it will have to learn your driving again.

Fuses are under the bonnet on the passenger side. On the back of the lid of the fuse compartment should be a map of which fuse is which - main headunit fuse is labelled "RADIO" or "RADIO1" I think. Didn't know about a second fuse (TV1) but if it's there can't hurt to pull that one out and pop it back in. :)

Does sound like someone bypassed the CD with an aux-in probably because of dreaded ERR3. But in today's world an aux in is more useful than CD.

Geoffers: did the prolex aux-in you made bypass the CD or did it work alongisde? (Wondering if it might be one of your units in there aprt from the recent gromaudio I didn't think there were others about in the UK).

Hi Hando , Thanks for the info , checked the fuses and found the radio 1 fuse under the bonnet , found a second fuse in the drivers side kick panel , thats labelled Radio 2 , I did see a fuse for TV but I didn,t check it , has it any relevance to the audio eqpt ??? I,ll check it any way and if I get no joy I might remove a Battery cable and reset the system , It won,t harm anything will it ??

Regards

Paul.

Won't do any harm removing the Battery cable but WILL RESET EVERYTHING including the ECU. This may not be a bad thing as the car can learn your driving and completely forget its previous owner. Expect it to feel slightly different though. Every time I did it, it seemed to feel smoother - just show hows bad I am! Think you must leave it off for 20mins to be sure of the reset.

My Aux in bypassed the CD but it would still load and spin up. (it was only the audio lines it took over via a switch). Your load buttons don't work do they? Mine also had phono sockets on. (unless someone added a lead). I've heard of a couple of one-offs installed by some auto-electricians - possible I suppose?

Paul, you've got to find out now just to put Me and Hando out of our misery! Even if it means HU out and photo's

Won't do any harm removing the battery cable but WILL RESET EVERYTHING including the ECU. This may not be a bad thing as the car can learn your driving and completely forget its previous owner. Expect it to feel slightly different though. Every time I did it, it seemed to feel smoother - just show hows bad I am! Think you must leave it off for 20mins to be sure of the reset.

My Aux in bypassed the CD but it would still load and spin up. (it was only the audio lines it took over via a switch). Your load buttons don't work do they? Mine also had phono sockets on. (unless someone added a lead). I've heard of a couple of one-offs installed by some auto-electricians - possible I suppose?

Paul, you've got to find out now just to put Me and Hando out of our misery! Even if it means HU out and photo's

Will do ,how do I remove the head Unit , will also do the reset with the batt lead tomorrow , far too cold tonight. :duh:

Won't do any harm removing the battery cable but WILL RESET EVERYTHING including the ECU. This may not be a bad thing as the car can learn your driving and completely forget its previous owner. Expect it to feel slightly different though. Every time I did it, it seemed to feel smoother - just show hows bad I am! Think you must leave it off for 20mins to be sure of the reset.

Got the batt cable off now checked the fuses they seem ok need to leave it for 20 mins now , shame I,ll wake all the neighbours ha ha :tsktsk: em !!

cheers Guys wont be long an I,ll let ya know

Regards

Paul. :whistling:

To remove the Headunit, CLICK HERE

HI Geoffers , got the unit out ( top loading model ) there was a bit of circuit board thpe wiring not connected on the right hand side ( same side as the power on/off button ) inside at the back , I have lifted the little brown tags and reconnected it , when I push load now the lights by the slot go Orange and the display says "Waiting disc 1 " the carriage goes up and down a few times it then stops and goes back to radio , it wont take a disc either (obviously) . It seems as if the disc carriage doesn,t go all the way to load (if you know what I mean ) , do you know any thing about this type of stuff ??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links