Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Illumination

:angry: I have a problem with my 93 GS 300 the actual arrows on the speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge, and temperature gauge dont light up, all the gauges are lit up from behind i cn see all the numbers fine but i dont know what they are reading because the dials are black, Would this be as simple as taking the unit out and replacing the bulbs, any help anybody.

If it is the same as mine, they are not bulbs, the needles themselves are lite up, not sure what is using to light them up but its not bulbs, well not the normal ones anyway, but if all the needles are out, it sounds like maybe there is a lose connection somewhere behind the display.

the needles are actually gas filled neons type.

These eventually burn out as it is a common problem.

It does sound like a loose connection and would see if it is.. otherwise get a second hand display unit.. new is very expensive.

i thought the needles are like crystels and burn out eventually if the light reostat is turned up full.

Thats the word I was looking for, mine have just started to give especailly if I have the display up full

the needles are actually gas filled neons type.

These eventually burn out as it is a common problem.

It does sound like a loose connection and would see if it is.. otherwise get a second hand display unit.. new is very expensive.

That would make sence to me now as one of the needles is actualy flashing like a neon light, got any contacts for a second hand speedo unit? :D

• 5 weeks later...

I just replaced my dash cluster completely.

Once the needles go they are hard to get repaired and generally it isn't quite that easy (trust me- I have spent 7 months looking for a repair option!?!?!?!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links