Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Radio 6 Cd Changer

se9

Hi Folk's,

I am not new to the site but this will be my first posting ... I have a 2001 Raven Black IS200 Sport coming up for 2 years now and still get a thrill out of driving it :D ...

But I have a query - I have noticed that I have not been the only one, looking through this site but here goes ... I am getting an error1 on the cd unit and did the suggestion of a posting on this site to disconnect the Battery, leave it, and then reconnect to no avail ... also tried a cleaning disk but it could not be read as the error1 issue appeared ... neither manufactured nor copied CD work ...

My unit is 13906 so I was just wondering if it can be replaced by a 13903 as I have accesses to one of these units but don't want to part with the hard earned cash unless I can confirm that it is compatible with respect to the connectors on the back of the unit ...

Any suggestions would be helpful and especially if it is compatible, how do I go about change it out?

Regards and look forward to a response ...

Tim

SE9

Hi Folk's

firstly, thanks for the responses which I do really appreciate ... but, rather than buying someone else's issue or a potential issue down the road I decided to go the iPod and OEM connector route with the cd changer ... found a mighty solution on this site which allows you to connect your iPod to the stereo and be able to manage the functions of the iPod from the stereo head ... so if you are interested do a search on 'gromaudio' ... there is a detailed viable and much cheaper solution to the 'error1' and 'error3' which these standard stereo's seem to exhibit ...

Just as an FYI - my is200 (Sport - fab motor :D ) is 51 plate and on the off-chance I rang Lexus Woodford about the possibility of getting my 13906 change out ... no way under warranty as its 6+ years old but when I asked about price of replacement and fitting, Francis the customer service lady stated that it would be about , wait for it, £2000 to replace :tsktsk: ... I looked on e-bay and there is a bidding war going on so that’s why I went for the iPod solution ... I didn’t want to pay for something that has a strong possibility historically of issues arising in the future ... a simple alternative solution which is well documented on this site ...

just awaiting on the interface now from gromaudio - cant wait to get it hooked up and play the contents of the iPod, I'll be wasting petrol just to listen to the playlists ...

£2000 to replace :tsktsk: ...

Yep replacing the standard headunit is a ridiculously expensive affair - much better off with the gromaudio unit if that's all you need, or replacing the headunit with an aftermarket one.

Welcome to LOC btw :)