Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Upgrade My Is200 Front Speakers

imyruff

I don't have any for sale, but I thoroughly recommend the

Alpine SPS-171A Component Speakers my ICE install.

A quick net search brings up a price of £69.99 ( they were £95 when I bought them)

AlpineDoorWooferCrossover.jpg

You will need some spacers, I think I used ones for a Corsa, but measure the speakers against the spacer first before you buy !!

They are externally Amplified from the boot, the source is a non Lexus Head Unit too.

I don't have any for sale, but I thoroughly recommend the

Alpine SPS-171A Component Speakers my ICE install.

A quick net search brings up a price of £69.99 ( they were £95 when I bought them)

AlpineDoorWooferCrossover.jpg

You will need some spacers, I think I used ones for a Corsa, but measure the speakers against the spacer first before you buy !!

They are externally Amplified from the boot, the source is a non Lexus Head Unit too.

bought these after listening to wozzas and they are a good replacement and yes they need a corsa spacer from Halfords to fit them cost about £12 for the spacers

I do believe so, but you would need to know the suitable impedence of the front components

and crossover etc to ensure it is the same....

They also look very nice through the later Chrome Speaker Covers :D

EDIT*******

the things I do for you 'orrible lot :lol:

I have found the box my OE Speakers are stored in, (at 4.15am I hasten to add)

on the back of the Woofer it states 4ohm 17.5W.

Examining the Tweeter reveals that there is a small Capacitor crossover on it's rear

(to filter out the Bass frequencies). There appears to be no ohm rating. I would suggest

these present a total 4ohm load to the OE Amplifier, so the Alpines should work no worries

with the original Head Unit.

They fit behind mirror tweeter grille and lower door grille fine with the

previously mentioned Corsa spacers.

Thinking about it now the fronts are definately a 4ohm load, I remember when I was researching on LOC

and U.S forums about upgrading the front speakers (at the start of my ICE journey with my IS200) the load

was 4ohm so replacement was a doddle. It is a nightmare to replace the rear 6x9's however on the SE & Sport

models due to Bi-Wiring & differing impedences to both drivers. (if powered from the OE Lexus Amplifier)

Thanks for that Wozza,

It's sounding like it can be just a straight swap. How about the tweeters by the wing mirrors? did you get those replaced when you did you ICE modding?

If you are interested I will try to pop one off sometime on Sunday

(if you pardon the expression) and take a photo of the Alpine Tweeter fitted to the grillee

on my phone.

I will be able to post it up as I realized my laptop has built in Bluetooth :D

Main PC will be up and running next week with new Hard Drive after losing some data :crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...

i've got Hertz HSK165 Splits in the front of my IS200, they don't work with standard headunit or standard amp.

I highly recommend any pioneer headunit (they all give the same sound quality from the base model to to the flagship - same MOSFET chip) and aftermarket speakers and an amplifyer to drive the speakers.

Quick check before I go out and buy stuffs, is it last gen or current gen Corsa spacers I need?

I'm not certain, but the must be designed for 16.5-17cm drivers and have

3 mounting screw positions for the door. Hope this helps.

Re: previous in this thread, I will take a picture with the Alpine Tweeter in the Mirror Mount

at somepoint tomorrow. Too dark for today now :crying:

i have a lovely set of vibe sa-k60 kevlar coned components for sale (PM me), and a set of spacers (for subaru, but also fit)

info

you can use the baffle/mount of the original speaker if ya like, but ya will destroy the original speaker in the process!

As promised (but slightly late) here are 2 pictures of the Drivers Side Tweeter Pod detached,

with the Alpine Tweeter from my componets fitted in the pod. Fitting is easy with either a

Black Silicone Sealant, or Bluetac to hold it in place.

To remove the pod from the Door, just take a firm grip of the pod and pull in a straight line away from the door.

P3111395.jpg

P3111396.jpg

The Pound coin is for an idea scale of the Tweeter Size.

I hope this helps guys :D

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links