Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Wheel Limited Edition

H4UMS

thanks all u!!! thanks for the welcome ROD

yeah had look on ebay but cant see any....

might go for the kei racing 18" wheels with the red lip.....

wat u think????

its black lexus

Yeah definately go for the set with the red lip. They will look boss on the black lexus.

Just a word of advice... ive got 19" wheels on my car with 235/35/19 on all four and when there is weight in the back (not even a lot) the inside of the tyres scrape on the arches as they are too wide and you may need some spacers, but the pins arent long enough to have the 5mm spacer required and then you will need the longer pins or an extension set to allow for the extra room.

Im told that 225/35's should be the max with no troubles... bit late for me when I spent £850 on the damn tyres. You should look into it first.

Oh by the way, does anyone know where to get the pin extension that I need?? Im told they go over the original pins to form a longer pin, giving enough room for the spacer.

Tom :winky:

wat u think????

its black lexus

Yeah definately go for the set with the red lip. They will look boss on the black lexus.

Just a word of advice... ive got 19" wheels on my car with 235/35/19 on all four and when there is weight in the back (not even a lot) the inside of the tyres scrape on the arches as they are too wide and you may need some spacers, but the pins arent long enough to have the 5mm spacer required and then you will need the longer pins or an extension set to allow for the extra room.

Im told that 225/35's should be the max with no troubles... bit late for me when I spent £850 on the damn tyres. You should look into it first.

Oh by the way, does anyone know where to get the pin extension that I need?? Im told they go over the original pins to form a longer pin, giving enough room for the spacer.

If your tyres scrape the arches now, then putting 5mm spacer will only make them stick out even more making the problem worse :duh:

With 235/35/19 i have had fitted to my is200 with no problems at all, its all dowm to the off-set + width of the wheel B) what are the off-set + width (j) of the wheels you have ? as you should of looked into this 1st :o

wat u think????

its black lexus

the extension set u are talking about is for very thick spacers of about 25mm or more - i have not seen an extension set for thin 5mm spacers. if u really want the wheels then just get longer studs.

wat u think????

its black lexus

the extension set u are talking about is for very thick spacers of about 25mm or more - i have not seen an extension set for thin 5mm spacers. if u really want the wheels then just get longer studs.

Hi, I already have the wheels on the car. Where would I be more likely to find the studs from??

Hi anyone, what width and offste wheel should I look for when buying a new set of 19's as im after a black set.

Tom

Not understanding you at all, 1st you have 19inch with rubbing problems on your arch, you wanting spacers fitting thats going to make things 100% worse.

Now you asking what off-set and width ??

Anyway you would be better with 45ET off-set and 8J wide, you can use 235/35/19 tyres with no problems at all B)

Hi anyone, what width and offste wheel should I look for when buying a new set of 19's as im after a black set.

Tom

Not understanding you at all, 1st you have 19inch with rubbing problems on your arch, you wanting spacers fitting thats going to make things 100% worse.

Anyway you would be better with 45ET off-set and 8J wide, you can use 235/35/19 tyres with no problems at all B)

I was told that I would need spacers to take the wheel a touch further from the hub, stopping the scrub. Then on an aftermarket wheel forum they mention the offset and width wheels.

Thanks for advice though Gord you knowledgable chap!! Tom :tomato:

Tom

I was told that I would need spacers to take the wheel a touch further from the hub, stopping the scrub. Then on an aftermarket wheel forum they mention the offset and width wheels.

Thanks for advice though Gord you knowledgable chap!! Tom :tomato:

1st find a wheel you like, 2nd find out what off-set's + width the wheels are made in, your best bet with 19inch is 45+ET and 7.5 or 8j or 47+ and 8 or 8.5j.

If you go any less than 45et with 19inch wheels you will rub the arch, as not many 19inch wheels are made with a width less than 8j

And as Stav has said if you get the correct off-set and j, then you will not need any spacers at all.

And one last thing, dont let the wheel company selling you any wheel try and tell you, anyother off-set will fit as it will not, ask then to give you your money back if thay will not fit, and you will charge then for any damage that the wheels my do to your arch. the less the off-set the more the wheel will stick out from your arch.