Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone else has had this issue. At the back end of my IS250 the drivers side wheel arch is lower than the passengers side. To me it looks as though the suspension on the drivers side has been damaged some how and now sure how. Im a tad concerned about that!!

Thinks its just another reason to consider getting rid! I find there is little space since having our first child and the continuing issue with rattles from seat, dash and centre console....oh and now the intermittent engine noise on a cold start my mind seems to be made up to get rid. Considering the new Honda CR-V or Rav 4....not sure what yet

Was the car on perfectly flat ground? I'd test it out in a few different places and see how many fingers you can in between the arch and the wheel on each side..........

Sorry to hear about troubles with the car though, I thought all the rattles were slowly getting solutions?

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone else has had this issue. At the back end of my IS250 the drivers side wheel arch is lower than the passengers side. To me it looks as though the suspension on the drivers side has been damaged some how and now sure how. Im a tad concerned about that!!

Thinks its just another reason to consider getting rid! I find there is little space since having our first child and the continuing issue with rattles from seat, dash and centre console....oh and now the intermittent engine noise on a cold start my mind seems to be made up to get rid. Considering the new Honda CR-V or Rav 4....not sure what yet

wow so I am not the only one and the guy in AZ with the dreaded intermittent engine start up rattle - question - do you burn any oil and what is the reaction from your Lexus dealer - as for the back end droop ,it could be a doggy shock absorber leaking /broken coil spring - as for the creeks and groans /interior rattles well we all live with them -

both cars you are looking at look great on the road but after owning two 4x4 they will be totally diffrent in every way to you IS but I bet the Honda will have great build quality !!!!!!

cheers

swager

I have the same problem with mine, albeit a 220D SE

When parked at home, it distinctly looks as though the rear drivers side is lower than anywhere else on the vehicle

I have put it down to maybe the drive not being 100% level - going to check now even though the car appears to drive OK

• 3 weeks later...

Its sold.....got rid of the LEXUS. Got fed up of the noises, rattles, squeaks, lack of space. Bought myself a top of range Honda CRV - all the same toys as my lexus ie camera vocie comands etc. And im loving it! So bye bye lexus and i look forward to the next survey I get through as I will quite happily point out that i felt as if my car was put together in an hour!!!