Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Mileage Discrepancies

lexus stereo

Hi all,i'm new to the Lexus stuff and haven't even bought mine yet,I was recently offered a 2000 (X) is 200 sport,the guy says it's Cat D with 48000 on the clock,checked it out seemed ok,very quiet and clean.It's got a few trolley dings but nice.What was really drawing me to the car also was the low mileage,I went back to the guy and gave him 150.00 deposit and told him i will be back on Friday as long as the HPI check comes through ok.Well i done the check this evening and this is my concern;

5-june-2001-franchise dealer-30,096

6-Aug-2001-franchise dealer-38,551

20 Aug-2001-franchise dealer-39,792

11-Sep-2001-franchise dealer-42,517

26-Sep-2001-franchise dealer-42,517

28-Dec-2005-National Mileage Register-37,618_

29-Dec-2005-National Mileage registered-37,000,, My question is this,could HPI made a mistake!! or should i stay far away from this motor,everything else on the HPI tallies with the car apart from this mileage situation,this was gonna be my first is200 and only 3K,suggestions??thanks again

Ask for the service book, check the stamps and dates. Then telephone Lexus, preferably the last dealer stamp and check the history out.

Then get back on to the HPi company. Obviously there is a descrepency from the NMR and the dealer mileage. 37K in 2005 and 42K in 2001.

If it is dodgy then leave well alone. There are plenty of good examples on the market so you don't have to rush in. Your first Lex should be an experience that you enjoy, not getting a lemon or a dodgy motor.

Terry

Guest inicol63

Hi and welcome,

I too would phone Lexus to see the history of the vehicle.

But do you really want a cat d car anyway.

It could be hard to move on when you want to sell it.

I would say your better spending a little extra and saving more in the long run.

Good luck with your choice.

If things don't feel right then walk away, there are plenty other examples for sale. Make sure you get your deposit back.

However I would double check with the service book. Phone the dealers who serviced the vehicle to confirm the stamps are genuine. If the vehicle is a 2000 X then that is some serious usage to get 31,000 on the clock in a little over 6 months!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links