Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Motorway Eccomomy

DeanoC

Hi Everyone,

I am considering an IS200 for my next car (2003 - 2004 with <40K). I know they are generally very reliable, they are excellent value for money and they are cheap to insure. The problem i have is i do a lot of motorway miles........ i have read numerous reviews and the consensus seems to be they are very juicy. What can i expect to see at a constant 60 - 70mph?

Thanks

30-35mpg is achievable on a motorway run (at 70mph), if you are expecting 50/60mpg, then your best looking at a diesel, something like an Audi A4 1.9 tdi.

You're only going to get 40mpg from a 2.0 litre petrol if you buy the most up to date car with direct injection. My Dad only get 40-45 from his 1.4 litre Polo on the motorway and he drives at about 65mph!!

You're only going to get 40mpg from a 2.0 litre petrol if you buy the most up to date car with direct injection. My Dad only get 40-45 from his 1.4 litre Polo on the motorway and he drives at about 65mph!!

To be honest most 4 pot 2.0 16v's will be no worse than a smaller engined 4 pot 16v's on the motorway. Im in hire cars all the time and a 2.0 focus does better economy than a 1.6.

I guess its the extra 2 cylinders and rwd that bring the IS down a bit.

Il have too see how much that 5mpg would cost me in the long run.

Thanks guys, you have been a great help.

Mine's also an auto without several thousands worth of ICE kit or expensive hairdryer bolted to the engine and I'll get around 35 on a motorway. To be fair though, that's 35mpg and not hanging around. I reckon I could get 40mpg by driving at a steady 55mph. I'll test my little theory on a long run I have next week.