Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting A Lexus Sat Nav Into A Non Navagator

jagojames

Can't really be done, fella (not easily anyway), as you will have to get hold of the sat nav wiring from a crashed IS200, rip out the interior in your car, feed the wiring through and then put it back together. In addition to the sat nav wiring, you will need the pop-up screen- you should be able to get one from eBay, the disk reader (which sits in the boot) and the GPS antenna (probably some other additional stuff I might have forgot to list).

What year is your IS200? I think the later cars, 2002 onwards used a DVD sat nav system, where as the earlier cars 99-01 cars used a CD based sat nav system.

Basically, don't bother with a OEM system, get a Tom Tom.

Can't really be done, fella (not easily anyway), as you will have to get hold of the sat nav wiring from a crashed IS200, rip out the interior in your car, feed the wiring through and then put it back together. In addition to the sat nav wiring, you will need the pop-up screen- you should be able to get one from ebay, the disk reader (which sits in the boot) and the GPS antenna (probably some other additional stuff I might have forgot to list).

What year is your IS200? I think the later cars, 2002 onwards used a DVD sat nav system, where as the earlier cars 99-01 cars used a CD based sat nav system.

Basically, don't bother with a OEM system, get a Tom Tom.

I have a 2001 IS sport.

I do like a bit of a challenge but this is beginning to sound like a complete test!!!