Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all. I have just been and collected a set of sport alloys with tyres and a complete exhaust from cat back to tailpipes for the paultry sum of £220.00 the lot! I asked the guy if he would mind me letting you lot know his details. He is happy to speak to anyone with reference to parts from this car. Its a 1995 GS 300 sport. Well I think its a sport as it had sport wheels and boot spoiler. The car is silver and has had a heavy frontal whack. All interior (grey leather) is intact and there will be some engine stuff that is still salvagable. All corners are still on the car and dont look like they have taken any impact. So if any body needs any parts please let me know and I will pass on the chaps details.

In the meantime I have my tyre shop removing the tyres so that I can get the rims painted satin black and then the windows will get the same "black" treatment. Does anyone know how easy it is to lower the back end on a GS 300 1997? I want to get the car sitting right at the back to make the new wheels look proper.

regards

steve

It is very easy to lower the back end if you have the lowering springs. I changed my back springs last weekend, the most awkward part was getting the bottom bolt/nut undone on the strut. A two foot breaker bar did the trick in the end. Remove the boot trim (between the boot and petrol tank). Undo the bottom mount, undo the 3 top mounts nuts, loosen (but do not remove) the centre nut on the damper shaft on the top mount. Remove the caliper to make it easier to remove the strut. Push down on the hub while swinging the bottom of the strut outwards and towards the back. From that point spring removal is the same as any other strut using spring compressors. Mark the top mount and spring seat components in relation to the damper body so that they are all lined up the same on re-assembly. Torque up the nuts/bolts once the vehicle has been lowered back down onto the wheels.

Torque settings:

Top mount nuts: 20 N.m (14 ft.lbf)

Bottom mount bolt/nut: 137 N.m (101 ft.lbf)

Damper centre nut: 27 N.m (20 ft.lbf)

Hi Steve, can you recollect what condition the front seats are in ?

Regards Dave

Hi Dave. From what I can remember the Interior as a whole was in very good nick. If you would like to talk to the chap yourself, I can give you his number. Im afraid that I dont know how to P.M yet so you can e mail me at millspeed88 at btinternet dot com.

Regards

Steve

Edited by ColinBarber

It is very easy to lower the back end if you have the lowering springs. I changed my back springs last weekend, the most awkward part was getting the bottom bolt/nut undone on the strut. A two foot breaker bar did the trick in the end. Remove the boot trim (between the boot and petrol tank). Undo the bottom mount, undo the 3 top mounts nuts, loosen (but do not remove) the centre nut on the damper shaft on the top mount. Remove the caliper to make it easier to remove the strut. Push down on the hub while swinging the bottom of the strut outwards and towards the back. From that point spring removal is the same as any other strut using spring compressors. Mark the top mount and spring seat components in relation to the damper body so that they are all lined up the same on re-assembly. Torque up the nuts/bolts once the vehicle has been lowered back down onto the wheels.

Torque settings:

Top mount nuts: 20 N.m (14 ft.lbf)

Bottom mount bolt/nut: 137 N.m (101 ft.lbf)

Damper centre nut: 27 N.m (20 ft.lbf)

Mr "fish" Your a true gent. Thanks for your reply. I feel much better about tackling the job now. Do you know a good supplier of lowering springs? Also how low is sensible bearing in mind I have 8.5" x 18" sport wheels to go on? I have read that a 3" drop is permissable without any problems. As I only have the 8.5" rears I dont thinks "rubbing" will be an issue.

Thanks again for your input.

Regards

Steve

Mr "fish" Your a true gent. Thanks for your reply. I feel much better about tackling the job now. Do you know a good supplier of lowering springs? Also how low is sensible bearing in mind I have 8.5" x 18" sport wheels to go on? I have read that a 3" drop is permissable without any problems. As I only have the 8.5" rears I dont thinks "rubbing" will be an issue.

Regards

Steve

No idea mate on max safe drops. I was just reversing the suspension raise that the previous owner had done on my Sport. So I was only after the 1" drop all round that the Sport had. Getting the springs is a bit of a lottery, I got mine from Envy Performance (they should come up on google). Took longer to arrive than anticipated though. Might be worth PM'ing Monster Mat on here, as he may be able to get the same RS*R Down springs that I used a bit quicker. If I'm honest, I wouldn't want to slam my GS down by 3 inches, even the 1" drop gives me plenty of problems on driveways and speedbumps. With a car this long, it doesn't take much to ground the exhaust, I can't get my car down to the girlfriends garage at all. I think the 1" drop looks spot on with the wheels, albeit I have the 10" ones on the back.

Regards

Steve

No idea mate on max safe drops. I was just reversing the suspension raise that the previous owner had done on my Sport. So I was only after the 1" drop all round that the Sport had. Getting the springs is a bit of a lottery, I got mine from Envy Performance (they should come up on google). Took longer to arrive than anticipated though. Might be worth PM'ing Monster Mat on here, as he may be able to get the same RS*R Down springs that I used a bit quicker. If I'm honest, I wouldn't want to slam my GS down by 3 inches, even the 1" drop gives me plenty of problems on driveways and speedbumps. With a car this long, it doesn't take much to ground the exhaust, I can't get my car down to the girlfriends garage at all. I think the 1" drop looks spot on with the wheels, albeit I have the 10" ones on the back.

Thanks again Tiger fish. I think I am going to get the wheels painted and then remove one spring with wheel in place just to see what it looks like. I must have been drinking again because I have no intention of a 3" drop!! I will put some pics up when I get the "stance" right.

Cheers for your help

Regards

Steve

Hi all. I have just been and collected a set of sport alloys with tyres and a complete exhaust from cat back to tailpipes for the paultry sum of £220.00 the lot! I asked the guy if he would mind me letting you lot know his details. He is happy to speak to anyone with reference to parts from this car. Its a 1995 GS 300 sport. Well I think its a sport as it had sport wheels and boot spoiler. The car is silver and has had a heavy frontal whack. All interior (grey leather) is intact and there will be some engine stuff that is still salvagable. All corners are still on the car and dont look like they have taken any impact. So if any body needs any parts please let me know and I will pass on the chaps details.

In the meantime I have my tyre shop removing the tyres so that I can get the rims painted satin black and then the windows will get the same "black" treatment. Does anyone know how easy it is to lower the back end on a GS 300 1997? I want to get the car sitting right at the back to make the new wheels look proper.

regards

steve

I've just sent you an e-mail for his number

I could do with the door trim from the rear drivers side and if it was working, the a/c compressor

Hi, just wondered what wheels you took off as im after some! id also be interested in the contact i need a cd player, os silver wing, maybe the interior and a few other bits!

Glad someone got a deal on sport wheels, theres hope for me yet lol just a shame i never got there first! :whistling: only messing fairplay to you mate!

This message is for MAC 600 and L3XIS. Sorry guys but I have a problem sending e-mails at the moment. If you P.M me I will try and work out how to reply. I am sure the cd was in the car still and all interior trim looked intact.

If I have no joy with the P.M I will try some other way of getting in touch with you guys.

All the best

Steve

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Any chance of the spoiler still being available? if so what price?

I have a standard legato gs300 and want to lower it so that the front springs sit at sport level and rear arsee sits level with that, so would be interesting to see how you get on mate!

Big Daz

Hi,

Any chance of the spoiler still being available? if so what price?

I have a standard legato gs300 and want to lower it so that the front springs sit at sport level and rear arsee sits level with that, so would be interesting to see how you get on mate!

Big Daz

There is a spoiler available in this thread mate

clicky

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links