Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Se Gear Knob Differences

krosfyah

Merely cosmetic i'm thinking here, but the gear knobs on SE 2000/2001/2002 models seem to be 2 different types - one a sort of chrome ball, and the other, your more traditional leather "joystick" type of affair.

Does the chrome ball type of stick come on later model SE's?

Thanks if anyone can clear this up for me.

Im not 100%, but I think it was 2002/3 onwards :unsure:

So did all early cars have a leather knob? But the manuals have always had a chrome ball haven't they?

I think you are right Shaz :D

I believe all the manual cars have come with the Chrome Knob.

My 2001 Auto had the horrible Leather Knob that just didnt fit with the rest of the car.

I was told by the Dealer when I bought mine, that you couldnt fit a Chrome Knob,

but I do think he was telling me porkies cos I wanted him to throw one in with the deal. :tsktsk:

Anyway the Leather one had to go so as my first mod was a replacement.

GearKnobCropped.jpg

That was going to be my only mod.........the slope is a slippery one once you get started :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links