Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13904 Is200 Stereo

Hi,

I was just wondering what do the little numbers actually mean? My stereo is a 13904 from a Xreg 2000 Sport. Does it mean i can only replace it with a stereo with the same number?? What numbers will work?? I know there is obviously a difference with the ones with a CD slot at the top and ones at the bottom.

I’m so confused!! :question: Seems the only safe way is an aftermarket CD player but im fighting it as I want to keep the OEM one.

Cheers

Oli

I do believe they need to be the same mate, sorry as that probably is not

what you really want to hear. You can get good results with an aftermarket

Head Unit/Facia Kit.

Yeah I thought the same to be honest. Yeah I know, seems the only option although I know, extra hassle with the amp by-pass lead and the fact i have Sat Nav as well.. Lovely job!! :D

• 4 years later...

If yours is a top loader, any top loader will fit as long as its not the one from an S model. That one works without an amp.

Cant remember what model number it is now but its easy to spot. Only has lexus on front without the premium sound system and plug sockets are different on rear.

Might be wrong as it was a few years back when I had my is200 sport.

I think the top loader( CD slot that is) was model no 13903, 13906 and 13909. Believe these all had the external amplifier behind the glove box.

Have a feeling other model numbers did not have external amp and had different plug arrangement on the back of the unit.

I have a sport version, 13904 radio cd model from the top and I do not have an amplifier for storage, I wonder if that was if someone changed something here ..

Where I can check what versions were sound, the radio, etc. ?

I found only something like this.. http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_200101_LEXUS_IS200~300_GXE10L-AEFVKW_8601.2.html

where can I find information about all types of radios, if they were a separate amplifier and speakers, how many?

Is where my radio (13904) does not have a separate amplifier, this means that it is the worst?

If you press in sides of glovebox it will drop forward, is there an amp to left hand side? If not still doesnt mean your stereo is the worst. All you have is 2 speakers in rear instead of the double stacked version.

Another easier way to tell, do your rear speaker covers have lexus on them?

Just means you have the non-amp 6 speaker stereo system. TBH ive had both sorts and the amp system is not that much different sound wise. Upside, yours is easier to swap to aftermarket as the adapter is cheaper.