Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cant Believe It!

Cathal

Crashed again!!!, was on the motorway in the fast lane but there was so much traffic it was'nt moving fast. I went to move out to the outer lane and was looking in the passenger mirror to see if it was clear and the car infront had stoped, luckely i seen the car infront last min and jammed on but was still abit late. Hit the back of a toyota corolla 95. Put two small cracks in my bumper and paint is all chipped off and a small dent in my bonnet. The toyota looked ok, I rang her later to sort it out and went to have a look at her car, where the spare wheel goes is all pushed in and booth does'nt line up, so i reakon its a write off since its 95,

Do you think i should go through insurance or just pay for another car to keep my premium low??

Im getting the paint for the bumper on friday and should have my car sorted by sunday, have a compressor and gun nd all. And try to tap out the dent.

If you have done that much damage to the Corolla you need to look at yours a bit more. Double check all the panel gaps around the bumper, wings and bonnet and make sure they are the same all the way round and from one side to the other. Also how are you going to repair the cracks in your bumper?

Na just the bumper, and bonnet has a small dent whichi i will pop out, Yea its just the bumper mainly. There is a big steel bar behind the bumper which i suspect did most of the damage to the corolla. I'll use isopon to repair my bumper only need a small bit.

Not too worried about my car i'll have it sorted by sun (hopefully), actually looking foward to doing it, will give me a chance to use my gun again.

So you reakon if she claims it will only go up around €200??

Dont think my insurance is protected but i'll check.

Thanks

Really sorry to hear this mate

But what do you mean you get to use your gun again :crying: surely that'll put more holes in the front :lol:

I think he means the spray gun he's referring to in the first post........ :lol:

Surely you'll need a new crash bar at the front? Also check the headlights, as the mounts are the first things to break in a front impact

was bumper to bumper and then start moving abit, the rest writes itself. Yea the spray gun, starting to sand it down now, get it ready for saturday. Should turn out fine, yea one of the headlight mounts has spapped off but i'll glue it back on.

ok, sorted out the prob with your one so thats all sorted, spent about 10 hours at the weekend sanding the bumper, i got it nice and smooth and used isopon to fix the cracks, primed them bumper sprayed it, turned out good, but got some orange peel due to condition. Sanded it with 1500 and used rubbing compound and T-cut to bring back the shine, looks pretty got hard to tell difference between wings and bumper, might be a buffer and porper polish and do the whole car make it look like new :D .

I have a few pics so i'll try upload them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links