Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fm Transmitter For Iphone Not Working With Is200 Stereo

agulihar

Hi all,

I tried to play music from my apple Iphone through the Lexus music system (IS200SE 05 reg) using a griffin FM transmitter and charger and it didnt work. I know the griffin works with my Iphone because I have tried it in another car. I bought a cheaper FM transmitter before and that too didnt work with the Lexus stereo so I gave it back.

Does anyone else have any experience of using FM transmitters in the IS200?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Abhinav

I had a similar problem with an FM transmitter in an IS200

I have seen them work well in other cars and the one I had that didn't work in my IS200 is now working perfectly in my wife's Vauxhall Zafira! :shutit:

I had toruble finding a harwired solution - when I looked into it it seemed that the only person on the planet that can make an audio interface was ill and not producing them

I therefore went for a "low-fi" solution and actually bought a "Ipod Cassette adaptor" - do you remember cassettes!?!?! lol

Luckily the IS200 still had the original stereo, which includes a cassette deck

I have been very pleased with the results, although it is very untidy and a neat IPOD aux socket + power tucked away somewhere would be much better (like the 220 and 250)

Just thought I would give you another (cheap) option to consider :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links