Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alfa Bashing At Their Ownership Club

Manps

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really cant understand some of the comments on the 'lexus premium brand' thread even though it is there opinion.

I used to like Alfa's but thats out the window now :lol:

Also, if they are going to slag of the IS they could at least get the right figures!! It's 153 bhp 9.2 0-60 and they will do more than 135!!! :whistling:

mine will only do a 135??? and wouldn't you need to change teh gearbox ratios to get this up as its almost on the limiter at 135??

I love how the were mocking the IS200 Dash, when the alfa dashes dont work half the time. On my old alfa, the fuel guage didnt work and the rev counter would die often. And have see this is other alfa's aswell.

Plus any alfa I have driven, the gear box is like stirring porridge.

In my younger days I used to drive a car transporter, I always hated having to Portbury docks for a load of Alfas because I knew that a fair proportion of them wouldn't start when it came to dropping them off at the dealer, you could see the salesmen dash to hide as I pulled up.. Most Alfas are very pretty cars but just not practical.. I buy my cars to get me from A to B with the minimum of fuss.. On a trip to Bavaria a few years ago I managed to allow the Lex to run flat out for a good 15 mins in between speed restrictions and was interested to note that the max speed equates to the start of the red line.. My only two comments are that the wipers struggle to work evenly at these speeds and boy does she drink :winky:

Think most of the members on there are Jezza Clarkson as he's the only person i know who raves about an alpha? and its funny how you dont hear people saying OOOhhh Look an Alpha Romeo when they walk past it in the street or see one driving past but i have heard people say OOOOOHHHH nice LEXUS :D :lol:

I nearly bought a 156 then I banged my head and came back to reality, also the ex other half wanted a 147 ( before I got the lexus). Had many a argument that they are :tsktsk: so we went to a alfa dealer ( I went reluctantly) had a play in a 147, it was sort of ok but on finishing that test drive went straight to lexus and had a play in a IS 200 she soon changed her mind on which car to get, so now I have a Lexus. But the best part is now we have split I kept the Lexus of course and now she has to drive a renault megane along with all the electrical faults :blush:

But going back to the alfa I could not believe how much they depreciate in the first year and the build quality is not that good either. Lets hope I never bang my head again and realise I could make a HUGE mistake and buy a alfa, the thoughts really scare me that that could happen. :msn-cry::msn-oh:

The comments that they make about the lexus build quality really amuse me when all they are driving are fiats. (skips on wheels)

Having read many of the posts on the Alfa site, I thought that with a few exceptions, their view was quite balanced they know the nice bits and nasty bits on their Alfas just as we know the nice and nasty bits of our IS's, but everyone buys the car that suits their needs. I think that their main problem is the issue of "Brand".. To me a car is just a machine be it a Kia Piccanto or a Bugatti Veyron.. You simply buy the car that you like and can afford... 'Fraid I just don't get all this Premium Brand BS.... IT'S A CAR FFS

I guess that I'm a marketing mans worst nightmare :whistling:

It's a good reliable toyota, but there's nothing exiting about a toyota, unless it has 2 badges on the back, 1 saying supra, the other saying 'twinturbo'!!!!

Atleast i can put my hand on my heart and say...

Older toyotas are still running 100% and have covered450k and still strong.

I can go to sleep knowing that in the morning when i start my car .. it will run 100% like it was new

dont think ive seen a post yet which refers to the delightdul Alfa Romeo dealerships, simply shocking

my Dad bought a brand new Alfa 156 quite some time ago. Within 2 weeks the rear corner of the bumper had started to come away from the car. He took it to the dealers who didnt beleive him, suggesting he did it himself. After much debate they booked it in to fix it.

Took it to dealers who 'fixed' the bumper. Within a month the bumper had started to come apart in the same corner, only this time it had took the paint off the rear panel too! they had stuck the bumper down with some glue or a substance of similar kind, which peeled away taking the paint with it, lol!

he had the car 8 monhts before he got rid!

Whats all the comments about multi coloured dash boards and lot's of stalks in the IS200. Am i missing something as all my dash lights are 1 colour and i have only 2 stalks to play with?? :unsure:

To be fair on that thread the majority have said that lexus are a top notch car and so to them i tip my hat and say good day to you and to the others i take my hat off and give them a Glasgow kiss!! :lol:

One of them says that the interior is plasticy!!! Plasticy ....... the cheek!!

I'd much rather have a "bland" car (their opinion, not mine) than have an "exciting" car where the "excitement" is wondering whether or not you'll reach your destination without the car breaking down!

I'm confused by these alfa guys, some of the stuff they're saying is actually quite reasonable, about both brands, and the discussion is quite balanced, but some of the things being said make no sense! Yes I agree Lexus has less character and soul as the other brands, but that's because it doesn't have a long racing pedigree or anything similar but in terms of the cars themselves, are alfa's any better?

I've never owned an alfa (thank god based on what everyone says about them) but I always find them absolutely stunning to look at, and then an absolute disappointment to drive. If they don't drive well, then where's the soul and character, I could have just as much fun, or in fact more in a Ford Mondeo.

I think Alfa's a best just as pieces of art, fantastic to look at, but don't do any more with one or it'll just disappoint you :)

The other point that didn't make sense was them talking about Lexus not being a premium brand because of the quality of the interior..............

Merc C-class:

20070125-2008-mercedes-benz-c-class-interior.jpg

BMW 3 series:

design_interieur.jpg

Lexus IS:

ag_07lexusis_is350int.jpg

How is the Lexus any less premium than the others?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links