Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealer Says I Dont Have Service Plan

agulihar

Hi there,

I have an IS200SE, bought it new in 2005. At that time, I was promised three free services but I dont think it was on paper anywhere. Lexus called me in advance to book my first two services and they were covered by the service plan. This time around, I didnt get a call so I called up Lexus Leicester and booked a service. The service was done last week and when asked for payment, I said it should be covered and Lexus were ok with that.

I am going back there tomorrow to get my alloys replaced as there was some corrosion and they were still under waranty. The problem is that I got a call from them today and they left a voicemail message saying that the third service was not covered by the service plan and I should call them back to discuss that. I tried calling but couldnt get hold of the person.

I am very annoyed with them now because I clearly remember that three free services were part of the deal. I just wish I had it on paper somewhere. Has anyone else had similar problems with Lexus Leicester or any other dealers.

Thanks,

Abhinav

I bought a used Lexus from Bromley, but got the Head Salesman to write a note and sign it on the sales documents.

I was asked to produce it when the first service came, did so and was not charged.

Sorry this has happened to you matey. :crybaby: :tsktsk:

Will you be charged for the wheels now or are they free ?

Thanks mate, I have paid for the service but the wheels are covered. They just called me to say that they wont replace the wheels if I dont pay for the service. Thw service bill was 215 quid which I had to pay. The sales manager who sold me the car completely denied that he mentioned three services at that time saying that it wasnt within his remit to say so. I clearly remember him and a salesman offering a three year service plan at the time of the sale.

Anyways, it was my fault and I had to pay for it. This is the end of my association with Lexus Leicester for sure. Others please beware.

Abhinav

I think you will find that three years servicing is not the same as three free services

First year car doesn't need servicing so the first free one is at the start of year two, then at the start of year three, then you start paying but it will be three years from the point of sale that you have to pay.

Have seen this offered alot with lots of different makes.... like most things you have to reads the small print...

Pete

No No, the salesman clearly said three free services, I was only talking in their language.

Typical salesman..... will say anything to make the sale..... write to the Dealer Principal explaining what has happened and how upset you are, tell him you feel cheated and that your pleasant experience with Lexus has been tarnished, explain your loyalty to the marque, don't ask for anything just end the letter expressing your interest in his view on the matter

Good Luck

Pete

I'm sorry to say that if you're talking about the three years free servicing deal they were doing on new ISs towards the end of its life, then that was in fact 3 years and not 3 services, so only the first 2 services would have been covered. Obviously its different if you had a specific deal with your dealership though.

Take it up with Lexus GB though, may get a favourable response either way, hope it works out :)

Right, I have typed a complaint letter and will be sending it to Lexus Leicester. Meanwhile, I gave in my car for MOT which cost £50. I enquired about some spots of paint damage on the front and was told that this is due to chip damage and is not covered by the three year paint warranty. However, they graciously offered to dab the affected areas but guess what returned the car without doing it. I am really really annoyed. My friend has a BMW convertible and he has hust told me that this chip damage is usually covered within the paint warranty.

I forgot to mention the 10% gold member discount while paying for the service. When I remembered two days later, I was told it was too late, they cant refund 10% or adjust it with my MOT bill. This one was my fault though.