Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-f Price In Ireland

Well the arrival of the IS-F in Ireland is set at some time in April. All they have said about the price so far is that it will be less then €110,000 which usually means it will be about €109,500.

For those of you across the water that equates to £83,000 or for those of you acroos the bigger water $165,000. That's €42,000 more then it will be in the UK and €69,000 more then in the States. Why oh why are we punished so. :crybaby:

You could actually buy 2 in the States and have change to buy a couple of IS350's for popping down to the shops.

:angry:

Isn't Ireland LHD anyway? What's to stop you getting one in the states and sending it over? Or would the import tax just kill you anyway?

No we are right hand drive. We have a system called VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax).

Currently this is based on engine size and then a percentage charge of the "Open Market Selling Price" (Changing in June to be emmissions based percentage charge on the OMSP). The percentage on an IS-F would be 30% of OMSP. If the car sells here for 109,500 then the VRT would be €32,850.

Then if you buy the car for $60,000 (€40,000) you then have to pay 21% VAT on the cost of the car including shipping. Lets say you are lucky and get the shipping for €1,000 that's €8,610 VAT. Next you pay Import Duty of 7% on the total including VAT. Another €3,472.70

Total €85,000

So it might actually be worth while but you would end up with a left hand drive car.

Any word on the price in Japan yet?

Try it through the UK. Same VRT. Start price £51,000 less 17.5% VAT £43,404 (€57,300) add 21% VAT (€12,033). No Import Duty from UK.

Total €102,183

So if you had the money it might just be worth while. The difference might cover your first years insurance.

Isn't Ireland LHD anyway? ?

:offtopic:

nope but one numpty politician suggested that we should change over to LHD like the rest of Europe to accommodate all the foreign drivers and reduce accidents.... fn moron the whole road systemwould have to be adapted for such a change, not just road markings but expensive stuff like motorway off ramps etc...

all because of some report that highlighted the no. of accidents involving foreign drivers....

The reason there are so many accidents by foreign (east European) drivers is they've brought their LHD cars over with them and can't friggin see where they're going ( i won't comment on their driving ability as alot of Irish drivers are not any better).... was that in the report???? no that would have involved common sense, all they should do is BAN ALL LHD instead... we're on an Island it's friggin easy to police

rant over :blush:

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just came across this site today - have been a Lexus driver for many years now (currently driving my 4th a 07 IS250) with my new 220d Sport on order and due to be delivered to me next monday B)

Back on topic tho - had the opportunity to test drive the IS-F last thursday - and WOW what a machine :D am tempted to order it already !!! The MD of Lexus Cork has indicated the RRP as €103K. Have some pics which I took of it which I will upload in day or so, and will also upload pics of my new arrival next week.

Anyways this is my first post to site and hope will be able to contribute more in the coming months.

Dave

Hi Guys

Just came across this site today - have been a Lexus driver for many years now (currently driving my 4th a 07 IS250) with my new 220d Sport on order and due to be delivered to me next monday B)

Back on topic tho - had the opportunity to test drive the IS-F last thursday - and WOW what a machine :D am tempted to order it already !!! The MD of Lexus Cork has indicated the RRP as €103K. Have some pics which I took of it which I will upload in day or so, and will also upload pics of my new arrival next week.

Anyways this is my first post to site and hope will be able to contribute more in the coming months.

Dave

hi Dave welcome to loc,why the change from is250 to a is220 :question: :)

Isn't Ireland LHD anyway?

Hi

A few years ago they were talking about changing the UK to LHD and driving on the right, they were going to do a trial where all the HGV's would drive on the right first to see if it worked :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Pete

Isn't Ireland LHD anyway?

Hi

A few years ago they were talking about changing the UK to LHD and driving on the right, they were going to do a trial where all the HGV's would drive on the right first to see if it worked :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Pete

In fairness how can it be that some people don't know which side of the road their nearest neighbour drives on... it's probably Britians fault that we drive on the left anyway, ruined it for us getting cheap parts from the USA but it does allow us to get the Jap imports....balances out :D

welcome to LOC :)

so your telling me Kearys Cork have an IS-F?

might make a trip down to see it ;)

Carrol Kinsella in Blackrock in Dublin have one in as well. Hoping to get over to see it soon. I know the sales manager so if I am very very lucky he might let me start the engine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links