Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Info On A Sportcross

ex-vag

Hello,

My first post here as I'm looking to venture into the world of the Lexus B) so I'll apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place or the quesitons are stupid.

We're looking to get either a Sportcross or a RX300 but would like to get your opinions on the overall practicality of the Sportcross, for example, how much can you actually fit in the boot? 2 suitcases, a travel cot and a pram and more? I've seen some pics and there seems to be 2 levels in there, what's that all about?

Also, has anyone had their converted to LPG as this is something that we'd do if we bought one, what do you do with the spare wheel, do you carry it around or leave it in the garage? How many miles do you get on a full tank of gas?

Are there any models which should be avoided? I've seen the spec sheet for them on these boards and they seem to be pretty loaded, but value for money which is the most favourable?

Don't think I'll ask anything about the ride and reliability etc.. I'll go with the badge and the numerous awards for that.

Any other info which anyone thinks is relevant would be appreciated.

If I'm understanding how these boards work properly then I'll pose the same questions about the RX300 in the approprite thread.

Thanks in advance

Boots not very big - I'd suggest you go and look at one. If you want good fuel figures too, maybe you should go for the 2ltr - cheaper to buy too.

They are a relatively small car - which is either good or bad...

I've got one (3ltr) and it's great - but then my kids are grown, and if I do any miles then the company pays the mileage.

Interior build quality is great to - all be it in a work-a-day sort of way (durable).

There's a few niggles - centre arm rest adjustable? ...fraid not. Lumber support - fraid not... but these are by far outweighed by everything else.

Re the 2 levels in the boot - it does open up a bit more depth. Normally the floor is at rear sill level, you can drop it about 4 inches.

Good luck

jack

Hi mate

As an owner of a SportCross for the last 3 years I can honestly say its a great car!

Reliable, well built, fairly rare compared to the saloons. Never had anything go wrong with either of my IS's.

As for boot space, we go to the in-laws regularly (wife and 2 kids) and we take a large suitcase, 2 large coolbags, 2 sportsbags, numerous carriers and a buggy. Dropping the boot floor down gains a few inches as mentioned previously.

Also, the rear seats fold down for the larger load. And additionally, the front passenger seat folds forward too!

I've actually had 12 foot wardrobe panels in mine!

Drives and feels just like a regular IS (I had one for 2 years prior to the SportCross) but you have a hatchback boot!

Don't know what year you're looking for, but I've just decided to sell mine. See here: Click Me

If you want any more info, drop me a PM

atb

Matt

I’d echo all that – if you want loads of space for a family, go for something bigger but as an everyday all rounder, the SportCross is great. I love mine, and it’s NOT for sale!

Matt,

Why are you selling it incidentally ?

What are you going to buy next ?

Ex-vag, I dont think you'll be disappointed at all with Lexus. I had IS200 saloon for 3 years as company car and it was brilliant (only thing that went wrong was speedo (common fault) and cd player (common fault).

Had another IS200 saloon for my wife for a few weeks but boot no use for buggy as seats didn't fold down.

Now have IS300 sportcross sitting on my drive with me looking at it untaxed and uninsured as I have to drive my BMW around until someone buys it or if not will switch over this weekend !

Ex-vag, does that mean you're an ex Audi / VW man too ? (I've been there !)

Cheers

Nick

Ex-vag, I dont think you'll be disappointed at all with Lexus. I had IS200 saloon for 3 years as company car and it was brilliant (only thing that went wrong was speedo (common fault) and cd player (common fault).

Had another IS200 saloon for my wife for a few weeks but boot no use for buggy as seats didn't fold down.

Now have IS300 sportcross sitting on my drive with me looking at it untaxed and uninsured as I have to drive my BMW around until someone buys it or if not will switch over this weekend !

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for the info Nick, we're going to our local dealer this weekend to check out the boot space if they have a sportcross and see if the buggy fits in there easily, I'll be able to tell what else will fit in around it then.

You've got one sitting on your drive? For sale is it? :shutit:

Spot on mate, had VW's since I could drive then onto Audi when the wife decided she deserved one :unsure: but unfortunately now the A3 is too small as we're growing, the family that is, not us!!

Having had an Audi, do you feel that the Lexus is another level up? I thought this with the VW to Audi, the feel and ride were totally different much much better in the Audi.

few people have had lpg conversions - loose the spare or loose boot space i suppose. if u go donw this route YOU MUST HAVE FLASHLUBE FITTED or u will destroy the head.

Thanks Rob, I'll remember that :)

Hi Ex-vag,

No, its all mine, not for sale, only driven it home so far !

Not sure yet about quality difference. I've had quite a few Audis (Coupes and Cabriolets (80 shape) and my wife had A4 for while. I liked them lots but had a few niggly problems generally, suspension bushes, electrical faults, typical Audi stuff really. BMW has been worse car ever (probably my first and last!) even though I love driving it, it keeps breaking ! so onto Lexus again....

I like the fact the Lexus aren't so common, should be very reliable, comfortable, lots of toys as standard etc but time will tell.

Good luck in your search this weekend. There's a nice IS200 sportcross 2005 in Sandhurst near you for £9K that I drove, great condition, good history etc, around 72K.

I prefered the 300 though...

Nick

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for the info Nick, we're going to our local dealer this weekend to check out the boot space if they have a sportcross and see if the buggy fits in there easily, I'll be able to tell what else will fit in around it then.

You've got one sitting on your drive? For sale is it? :shutit:

Spot on mate, had VW's since I could drive then onto Audi when the wife decided she deserved one :unsure: but unfortunately now the A3 is too small as we're growing, the family that is, not us!!

Having had an Audi, do you feel that the Lexus is another level up? I thought this with the VW to Audi, the feel and ride were totally different much much better in the Audi.

few people have had lpg conversions - loose the spare or loose boot space i suppose. if u go donw this route YOU MUST HAVE FLASHLUBE FITTED or u will destroy the head.

Thanks Rob, I'll remember that :)

Yeah, these 2nd hand dealers want it all ways, silly price for your car in part ex and then hike up the one you're buying as well.

Good luck with the sale and the purchase.

Are you going for a IS300 this time or sticking to manual 200 ?

Nick

Matt,

Why are you selling it incidentally ?

What are you going to buy next ?

Want another Sportcross, but part-ex prices are a no-no for me.

So wanna sell private then go to dealer armed with cash!