Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Info On A Rx300

Hello,

As mentioned in another part of the forum I'm looking to venture into the world of the Lexus B) primarily so I can house another little 'un on our travels.

We're looking to get either a Sportcross or a RX300 but would like to get your opinions on the overall practicality of the RX300, for example, how much can you actually fit in the boot?

I've read with interest the thread here on LPG conversion as this is something that we'd do if we bought one, what do you do with the spare wheel, do you carry it around or leave it in the garage? I've seen one post where a member has said he's done some mod to keep the wheel in the boot, I'd be interested to see a pic of this and how hard it would be to do.

How many miles do you get on a full tank of gas?

Are there any models which should be avoided? I've done a bit of research and I'd prefer the face lifted model which is 2002 onwards I think, they're pretty well loaded with standard equipment, but value for money which is the most favourable? I was looking at the SE with the leather trim. And is there a long wheelbase version?

Don't think I'll ask anything about the ride and reliability etc.. I'll go with the badge and the numerous awards for that.

Any other info which anyone thinks is relevant would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Almost certain they didn't do a long wheel base version.

MPG can be shocking, I only get 17 png round town, less that 200 miles from a full tank. Have had upto 300 miles out of a tank when doing a lot of motorways.

Boot is plenty big enough, rear seats can slide forwards a little to make it a big bigger too. Have managed to get a sofa in mine with the seats down. With them up plenty of room for family of four away for a week, including golf clubs. Might want to get a carrier for bikes though.

i easily get 2 mountain bikes in the back of mine with the seats down-its the 2003 models onwards that have the facelift and i think the middle model is the best value for money sat nav remote boot etc only missing the air suspension really

Hi mate, welcome to the Forums.

If your budget will allow you to stretch to it, the RX will be a awesome SUV over any 'car' (estate or otherwise). You will love the flexibility of storage it offers and the load lugging versatility. It is a cavernous vehicle and once you get used to travelling like this you wont want to go back [to a car!].

To give you an example, we regularly travel overseas to see family. We have x2 adults and x2 children. The boot will take x4 full size suitcases with x2 hand luggage sized suitcases with ease. Strap the kids in their car seats, take my father with us also (so h can drive the car back from the airport!) so we're talking x3 adults, x2 children carp load of luggage and we all travel in absolute luxury there and back. AWESOME vehicle that offers great 'utility'. Let me see if I can post up a picture of one of our trips ;)

Yes the mileage can be shocking, and this and that - but this is an vehicle that is very easy to live.

I would always advise you buy the youngest model you can and defo. the MKII over the original which is (sorry to offend folk) just naff :( The face lift occurred from 2003/03 on wards. Trust the Lexus badge, buy a good one that has FLSH and has been very well maintained and you wont go wrong. You WILL love this SUV for everything it offers and then thats also not even touching upon the luxury aspect on top of everything else.

The SE spec. would be the absolute minimum, but the 'Limited Edition' might be a contender if budget is very tight?

Hi mate, welcome to the Forums.

If your budget will allow you to stretch to it, the RX will be a awesome SUV over any 'car' (estate or otherwise). You will love the flexibility of storage it offers and the load lugging versatility. It is a cavernous vehicle and once you get used to travelling like this you wont want to go back [to a car!].

To give you an example, we regularly travel overseas to see family. We have x2 adults and x2 children. The boot will take x4 full size suitcases with x2 hand luggage sized suitcases with ease. Strap the kids in their car seats, take my father with us also (so h can drive the car back from the airport!) so we're talking x3 adults, x2 children carp load of luggage and we all travel in absolute luxury there and back. AWESOME vehicle that offers great 'utility'. Let me see if I can post up a picture of one of our trips ;)

Yes the mileage can be shocking, and this and that - but this is an vehicle that is very easy to live.

I would always advise you buy the youngest model you can and defo. the MKII over the original which is (sorry to offend folk) just naff :( The face lift occurred from 2003/03 on wards. Trust the Lexus badge, buy a good one that has FLSH and has been very well maintained and you wont go wrong. You WILL love this SUV for everything it offers and then thats also not even touching upon the luxury aspect on top of everything else.

The SE spec. would be the absolute minimum, but the 'Limited Edition' might be a contender if budget is very tight?

Hello mate, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info. We travel to Belgium/The Netherlands and up north quite a bit and it was excellent info reading your write up, our last trip filled the current car footwells front and rear after we couldn't put anymore in the boot!

Gonna go for a test drive then weigh up buying here or importing, followed by conversion questions....

So many questions.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links