Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Driving down the road today and I hear "BONG" "BONG" and on looking at the dash, where it displays "System Check" on start up it was displaying "Replace A/C Filter" The message only stayed up for about 10secs then disapeared, never to be seen again, even when I restarted the car it didn't show.

Anyway had to pass Lexus Hull on the way home so I stopped in to see them, spoke to their always efficient parts man who said it was nothing to worry about and that they have a habit of doing it, he recons its a bit premature and won't need one now, apparently they replace it on one of the services.

He cleared it by turning the car on, then pressing and holding down the climate "Off" button untill the dash displayed "A/C Filter reset" took about 5-10secs.

So I was very pleased he didn't just sell me a new filter, he quite easily could of.

If you get the same message you know what to do....

Pete

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I have read somthing about this happening on the odd occasion when I pick the hand book. It would be interesting to know weather the alarm comes up after a certain amount of time or if the car knows it's dirty and needs changing. I believe the filters are in the glove box and can be removed by taking out the shelves. But, everyone probably already knew that. :blink:

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I have read somthing about this happening on the odd occasion when I pick the hand book. It would be interesting to know weather the alarm comes up after a certain amount of time or if the car knows it's dirty and needs changing. I believe the filters are in the glove box and can be removed by taking out the shelves. But, everyone probably already knew that. :blink:

Mine did this just last week, and the car knows when it's dirty.

For what it's worth, the official price from the dealer is about £60. However, if you ask for just the filter element (not the tray) then it's under £30. The ones on the web that are sold as third party parts are also that kind of money, so you might as well have the genuine part from Toyota.

Fitting it was so easy even I could do it, and took me about five minutes, and is all covered in the handbook. The old filter was disgustingly dirty. The car now is noticeably quicker to warm up/cool down too.

Mine did this just last week, and the car knows when it's dirty.

For what it's worth, the official price from the dealer is about £60. However, if you ask for just the filter element (not the tray) then it's under £30. The ones on the web that are sold as third party parts are also that kind of money, so you might as well have the genuine part from Toyota.

Fitting it was so easy even I could do it, and took me about five minutes, and is all covered in the handbook. The old filter was disgustingly dirty. The car now is noticeably quicker to warm up/cool down too.

I'll have a look at mine and see, it did come on about a minute after passing a very smokey old diesel van, the climate switched to recirculate and it came on after that....

There are also filters in both front seats, take out the little tray thats at the front of the seats and its behind there, I looked at these a while ago and both of mine were very clean, there is also another one in the boot for the rear air con.... blimey nearly as many filters as a Veyron has radiators!!!

Pete

On the systems I have fitted to generators, the way you detect a blocked or dirty filter is by differential pressure, if the filter is allowing air to flow freely then the air pressure will be similar on both sides, if the filter is blocked then you will have a different pressure on the suction fan side . or they could just measure the vaccum in the fan side. it may explain why you could get an intermittent signal ?

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links