Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Love Affair Is Finally Over !

Well after owning 2 IS200s I have decided that the Lexus has to go. Due to the fact that we have a new addition to the family and that Lexus Aberdeen offered me a paltry £18,500 for my 10 month old £24,500 Sport Styling addition IS against an RX 300 :megaangry: I've decided to jump ship and have bought a new BMW 320D Sport Touring.

So I wish all in the club the very best and thank everyone for their help in answering previously posted queries. Hopefully I may return to the brand when the new IS200 is finally unvieled and Alan Partridge hopefully buys something else. I think he has single handedly killed the used IS values !!!

Chopping your car in after 10 months is always gonna be painful, the same happened to me. Spent similar money on a new 200SE Auto/Nav back in January 2002, the local dealer gave me £18K p/x allowance for it 14months and 21K miles later... :(

Having said that, Lexus residuals are much better than many other makes. A mate of mine has picked up a 1yr old Mondeo 2.5 V6 Ghia Estate with only slightly above average mileage for just £11K. That's a car that cost just over £21K new a year ago!! Approaching 50% depreciation in the first year - ouch! :o :o

Anyway, I'll bet the Lexus is gone, but not forgotten... ;)

I do not think that Alan Partridge has affected the sales of IS 200's in the slightest. They still remain exclusive and for the discerning motorist. I have just come back from Devon after a short break and saw 1 IS200 on the M5 the only other Lexus I saw the entire week. As for the BMWs there appear to be as many as Fords on the roads!

I do not think that Alan Partridge has affected the sales of IS 200's in the slightest. They still remain exclusive and for the discerning motorist. I have just come back from Devon after a short break and saw 1 IS200 on the M5 the only other Lexus I saw the entire week. As for the BMWs there appear to be as many as Fords on the roads!

Brian,

Are you kidding, I think the Lexus brand is the business and am I really sorry it has to go but exclusive it most certainly is not now. I think if you drove anywhere near the Aberdeen area you would see the roads are full of them. I read in the motoring press that Lexus sales are down 46% on this time last year. I think they have become a victim of their own success as they are now too common a sight on the roads up north.

I've seen one statistic (think it was in one of the car mags end of last year) stating that in the UK, BMW sell 37 3-Series for every Lexus (of any model) sold. In Sussex, I can well believe it, every 5th car seems to be a Bee-Em. To be fair, my mate's W reg 325i is a nice car - and it's quicker than my '300... but exclusive it ain't. ;)

Another interesting statistic, my local Lexus dealer said that their new car quota for the whole of 2003 is just 160 cars!! :o

I think if you drove anywhere near the Aberdeen area you would see the roads are full of them.

Yes, but let's remember that Aberdeen is a pretty wealthy area full of rich b****ards! I don't think it's very typical of the rest of the UK where Lexi are still a pretty rare sight.

Gareth

stitcher, can you do a dealer review aswell, if there really this bad......whjich it sounds if there was a mass resignation.

as the people who need to know do read this board and lexus gb do read the dealer reviews

Will do. Yes was really hacked off with Aberdeen which is why I resorted to buying a BMW, a sort of protest I suppose.

I wouldn't mind but I gave them a fantastic review on buying my previous 2 cars and was even used as a satisfied customer in my local independent newspaper where I bragged about Lexus no end. Much to the amusement of my workmates offshore when they got hold of the press cutting !

I suppose all in all I feel really let down by Aberdeen which is why my loyalty to the brand has suffered.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links