Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've hit the 92,000 mile mark in my LS430 and am due that big service when the timing belt must be done! My car has FLSH, Sat-Nav, Smart-Key, parking sensors + air purifier. Silver with black leather, it's a good spec car in good condition. (Dublin, Ireland).

A thought raced through my mind that instead of spening €2,000 on a service, I could spend some more and upgrade.

Any thoughts on the big differences between the 2004 model V the 2001?

Would consider this one as a good example of what I am looking for.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Lexus/LS430/car/947556/

I know it has more wooden trim and different wheels, but what else is there?

I've hit the 92,000 mile mark in my LS430 and am due that big service when the timing belt must be done! My car has FLSH, Sat-Nav, Smart-Key, parking sensors + air purifier. Silver with black leather, it's a good spec car in good condition. (Dublin, Ireland).

A thought raced through my mind that instead of spening €2,000 on a service, I could spend some more and upgrade.

you know what you have but never know what your buying imho :duh:

keep it and dont buy problems? my cousin would do the service for 500 euro max but he may be too far away? get a good independant? 877 801 433 paul

Not owning a 430 i'm not 100% sure, but noticed in the pictures that the in rear centre armrest, there doesn't seem to be any audio controls. Is there another ''Level'' to the armrest? I thought all 430's had this feature.

I wouldnt bother with the service if you are going to sell. I would bother with the service if I were to keep the car. If you kept the car for another two years , you are entering the world where your car will probably be worth 6 or 7 thousand euros (must upgrade laptop to one with euro symbol) and FLSH will not be a factor. I agree with L3X-IS. Independant service.

Hi

I just upgraded from an LS400 to a 2005 LS430. If you can, go for a 2005 model as this came with 18" wheels, 6 speed auto gearbox and a few other trims as standard. I paid €40,000 for mine in Germany with 23,000km as I wanted a left hand drive as I was moving to Spain. I did get the timing belt done on my LS400 and it was under €1,000, I think it was about €700. In answer to one of the other replies, the predident package comes with controls on the rear armrest along with a fridge in the back aswell.

I read up on some of the reviews online, top gear etc. and they can list the extras you get on the 2005 model and you can see if it's worth going the extra mile.

GLenn

Differences 2001 vs 2004 are:

6 speed auto instead of 5 speed auto.

2004 has reversing camera, blue tooth, facelight at front and the head lights i think are are active lights, i.e. they follow the road when you steer....can't think what else....

That one advertised doesn't have the premium pack (I too thought that was standard by that stage but clearly not) so no massage seats/aircon control/radio control in the rear.

Also available at that stage (but not on that car) was adaptive cruise as an option (PCS/ACC models) - never seen one for sale though. That became standard later, but you will pay a premium for that version.

You also get TMC (traffic) on the satnav.

So I think the possibilities are:

2001-2004 - same car, with the option of premium pack. Early ones didn't have parking sensors (very few cars).

2004-2005 - 6 speed box, camera, active lights, option of both premium pack and/or adaptive cruise, traffic on satnav

2005-2006 - same as above but with adaptive cruise/premium pack as standard

2006 - to date - LS460

Anyone who knows better feel free to correct me! I have a 2003 model and the next stage for me is the 05/06 model, but it's too expensive at the moment.

I've read that the premium pack was standard from 2004, its certainly fell off the option list.

Dipstick is right with the differences, the later ones also came with more wood inside, different front and rear lights, different wheels, then bigger wheels (plus poorer ride comfort) the six speed box was supposed to have a smoother change but I don't see how you can get any smoother than mine, you can only tell its changed gear because the revs drop.... The later one is also slightly quicker to 60mph...

I love the idea of adaptive cruise but I've yet to see an early one advertised that has it, must have been very expensive...

If you can afford to, then trade up, I can't at the moment... but the longer you leave it the worse it gets and it does seem to make sence if you are going to spend big bucks soon....

Good luck

Pete

Hi. If you go to www.carpages.co.uk and look for Lexus news for 8th November 2003 it gives you a 6 page write up on the newer model with all the enhancements. It is definately worth upgrading if you've got the money!

Stewart.

EDIT: Clicky.

Wish I hadn't read that I want one now......

So would anyone like to buy a 2001 LS430 66000 miles FSH........etc..........etc

Only joking I'll have to slum it for a few years yet.....

Dipstick can I sit next to your Mrs for a ride (careful) when you get your new one???

Pete

Hi. If you go to www.carpages.co.uk and look for Lexus news for 8th November 2003 it gives you a 6 page write up on the newer model with all the enhancements. It is definately worth upgrading if you've got the money!

Stewart.

EDIT: Clicky.

Wish I hadn't read that I want one now......

So would anyone like to buy a 2001 LS430 66000 miles FSH........etc..........etc

Only joking I'll have to slum it for a few years yet.....

Dipstick can I sit next to your Mrs for a ride (careful) when you get your new one???

Pete

Everyone's correct in what they are saying. I had a 2001 LS430 NOT knowing that there were 2 versions of the LS430. When i saw one i wanted it. My 2001 LS430 had the premium pack incidentally. Anyway i sold my 2001 and bought a 2004. Differences were:- 18" wheels (much nicer) facelift (bonnet & headlights) Adaptive headlights, Bluetooth, front & rear parking sensors & camera. Traffic info on sat nav and a 6 speed gearbox. Had a towbar on mine but optional.

Don't think i've missed anything out. Newer version stopped production in late 2006. LS460 came out on a 56 plate.

Very nice car.

Thanks for all the responses. I got a shock when I phoned the dealer to talk money... I was assuming mine was worth about €25,000 and that he'd move to €35,000 for what he was selling.

He said it'd cost me €25,000 on top of my own car...

Outrageous.

That means he's only giving me €15,000 for my own, which is crazy!

I'll leave it for a while and get the service done... Think I'll keep the FLSH in-tact and bite the bullet and get it done with the dealer.

The dealer selling the car is a different dealer than where I usually go. So no connection!

Again thanks for all the comments. Really really want a new one having read the link provided... :(

Oh well, maybe next year. My car won't have depreciated much compared to the 2004 / 2005 - they'll lose another 10k mine hasn't got 10k to lose!

Thanks for all the responses. I got a shock when I phoned the dealer to talk money... I was assuming mine was worth about €25,000 and that he'd move to €35,000 for what he was selling.

He said it'd cost me €25,000 on top of my own car...

Outrageous.

That means he's only giving me €15,000 for my own, which is crazy!

I'll leave it for a while and get the service done... Think I'll keep the FLSH in-tact and bite the bullet and get it done with the dealer.

The dealer selling the car is a different dealer than where I usually go. So no connection!

Again thanks for all the comments. Really really want a new one having read the link provided... :(

Oh well, maybe next year. My car won't have depreciated much compared to the 2004 / 2005 - they'll lose another 10k mine hasn't got 10k to lose!

Going back a year or so, my 2001 cost £14k and 2004 cost £21k. Sold the 2001 to a gentleman is Scotland and the 2004 to a gentleman in Ireland. Dealer offered me 17k. What's outrageous is that they then put a 1 year warranty on it (£824.00) and sell it for £23k.

Private is better. If any warranty remaining then your local Lexus dealership will adhere to the remainder of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links